Subject: [bmwg] Draft Agenda for bmwg at IETF-73

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:23:07 -0500

Benchmarking Methodology WG (bmwg)

Monday, Novemver 17, 2008, 1300-1500 Afternoon Session I
Room: Rochester

CHAIR(s): Al Morton <[email-masked]>

Please help contribute to a successful meeting by reading the drafts
and references *before* we meet.

AGENDA:   Draft as of 11/4/2008

0.  Agenda bashing (if we need to shuffle a few items)
     See https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/73/materials.html
     for Agenda updates and Slides

     Check the BMWG mail archive for comments:
     http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/bmwg/current/

1.  Working Group Status (Chair)

Topics/Drafts not covered by presentations below:

MPLS Forwarding Benchmarking

IPsec Benchmarking Drafts

2. IGP Data Plane Convergence

Discussion GOALS:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-16.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-16.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-app-16.txt

Presenter: Scott Poretsky

3.  Sub-IP Protection Mechanisms

Discussion GOALS:

Drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-04.txt

Presenter: Scott Poretsky

4.  SIP Performance Benchmarking

Discussion GOALS:
(revised drafts planned)

Presenter: Scott Poretsky

5.   Milestone Status, Re-Chartering, and New Proposal Summary (Chair)

*******   New Work Proposals  *********

6.  IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking
Methodology

Discussion GOALS: updates since version 00, suggest it is a WG doc

Draft URL:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-novak-bmwg-ipflow-meth-01.txt

Presenter: Benoit Claise for Jan Novak

***

***

Please help contribute to a successful meeting by reading the above
I-D(s) and references *before* we meet.

To offer comments on BMWG work in progress or the agenda itself,
please send email to:

               [email-masked]

Alternatively, to offer potential agenda items, please email:

               [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:26:13 -0600

> Presenter: Scott Poretsky

Revised SIP terminology draft has been submitted:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-05

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:31:44 -0500

>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-05
Great!

How about some goals for the Discussion?

Al

---

From: "Scott Poretsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:34:41 +0200

Hi Al,

Maybe I am getting involved halfway through a conversation...  What do
you mean by "goals for the Discussion"?  Is this about the document or
the meeting agenda time?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Al Morton
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:32 PM
To: Vijay K. Gurbani
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Draft Agenda for bmwg at IETF-73

Great!

Al

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:36:12 -0600

> How about some goals for the Discussion?

That is a heavy-hitting item that Scott has agreed to produce ;-)

But seriously, yes; we do have goals and a set of points to
talk about and these will be reflected in the slides we sent
you.

Thanks,

- vijay