Subject: [bmwg] WG Adoption of draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-05

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:39:58 -0500

BMWG,

As you all know by now, we have an explicit work item
on our charter:

* SIP Networking Devices: Develop new terminology and methods to
characterize the key performance aspects of network devices using
SIP, including the signaling plane scale and service rates while
considering load conditions on both the signaling and media planes. This
work will be harmonized with related SIP performance metric definitions
prepared by the PMOL working group.

BMWG discussed the following draft at its recent meeting
(during IETF-73) as a candidate to become the WG item that
will satisfy this explicit mandate and associated milestones.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-05

There was some support for this draft, but very few people
present had read this greatly-revised version, so we are taking
the question of adoption to the list. Note that a follow-on
item is to revise the methodology draft.

Please offer support or express any objections on the list
before the end of day, December 16, 2008.

thanks and regards,
Al
bmwg chair

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Scott Poretsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:52:18 +0200

Hi BMWG-ers,

This is just a reminder that this is a work item already on the BMWG
charter.  Both the SIP and SIPPING working groups consider this to be an
important work item and offered much support to get this on the BMWG
charter and also provided thorough reviews of the documents.  It is
important that participants on the BMWG mailing list offer their opinion
as to whether this particular revision may be submitted at the -00
working group version, or a reason why it should not.  This is a new
step in the BMWG process, but one we will be following on all work
items.

Thanks,
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Al Morton
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 11:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] WG Adoption of draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-05

BMWG,

thanks and regards,
Al
bmwg chair

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:36:37 -0600

> before the end of day, December 16, 2008.

Folks: A follow-up reminder to bmwg members to comment on this
draft for adoption.  A few people have told me in private that
they support the work, but instead of equating silence on
the list with tacit support, it would be great if we can have
a few members review and comment on this draft.

Even if you are not working expressly in SIP in bmwg, I am sure
there are others in your companies who are.  Could you please
forward the draft to them and have them post any comments
so we can get something out that represents adequately the
issues in benchmarking SIP.

Thank you in advance.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg