Subject: [bmwg] Draft Minutes of BMWG Session at IETF-74

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:19:57 -0400

for your review and comments (by April 20, please):
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/09mar/minutes/bmwg.html

thanks to Aamer Akhter and Matt Zekauskas for taking notes!

Al
chair, bmwg

---

From: "Scott Poretsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 03:05:04 +0300

Hi Al,

There was an important point that was made regarding the SIP Performance
benchmarking that is not mentioned in the meeting minutes.  Carol Davids
accepted the action to build a matrix to compare the BMWG SIP Devices
Benchmarking terms to the PMOL End-to End Network SIP Benchmarking
terms.  It was agreed that neither document would move ahead to its
respective WGLC until this was done since the review could necessitate
changes in either document.  It was mentioned that alignment of these
documents would be facilitated by the fact that both BMWG and PMOL have
the same WG Chair.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Al Morton
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 5:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] Draft Minutes of BMWG Session at IETF-74

Al
chair, bmwg

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 22:11:27 -0400

Scott,

Thanks for your feedback on the BMWG minutes.

What matters most is that the PMOL working group agreed
to start a Last Call on the draft during their session,
so that was done. It puts a time frame on comparisons
between the drafts, and that seems like a good thing.

We can all replay the audio to see what else might have been
said during the BMWG discussion on SIP. I had fairly detailed
notes from two note-takers to use when preparing the minutes.

I look forward to working on this topic, and hope we'll see further
contributions on the SIP metrics.

Al

---

From: "Scott Poretsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 23:59:24 +0300

Al,

I will follow process and comment on the PMOL document on that mailing
list.  As the WG Chair for both PMOL and BMWG, you have the unique
opportunity to enforce what is best for the Ops Area and drive
consistency between the two documents.  You requested comments for
"Draft Minutes" and  I look forward to the update.
  
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Al Morton
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 10:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Draft Minutes of BMWG Session at IETF-74

Scott,

Al