Subject: [bmwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5695 (1970)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:29:02 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5695,
"MPLS Forwarding Benchmarking Methodology for IP Flows".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5695&eid=1970

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1.2

Original Text
-------------
                                                              vv
|  It is RECOMMENDED that all of the ports (A1, DA1, DB1, and A2) on the
   DUT and test tool support a dynamic Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP)
   for routing such as IS-IS, OSPF, RIP, etc.  [...]

Corrected Text
--------------
                                                              vvvvvvvv
|  It is RECOMMENDED that all of the ports (A1, DA1, DB1, and B1, etc.)
   on the DUT and test tool support a dynamic Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP) for routing such as IS-IS, OSPF, RIP, etc.  [...]

Notes
-----
Rationale:
  The text (on top of page 6 of the RFC) should refer to all four
  columns in Figure 1 (on page 4); "A2" as the name of a second entity
  in the first coulumn seems to be redundant; therefore,  s/A2/B1/ ;
  additionally, ", etc." suggested as an indication of the other rows.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5695 (draft-ietf-bmwg-mpls-forwarding-meth-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : MPLS Forwarding Benchmarking Methodology for IP Flows
Publication Date    : November 2009
Author(s)           : A. Akhter, R. Asati, C. Pignataro
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Benchmarking Methodology
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Carlos Pignataro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:31:49 -0500

Thank you for this errata report, Alfred !

I think this is a valid editorial and should be verified, but I suggest
a slightly different correction:

 |  It is RECOMMENDED that all of the ports (A1, DA1, DB1, B1, etc) on
                                                           ^^^^^^^

This is so that it matches the second paragraph of Section 4.1.3 at
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5695#section-4.1.3>

Thanks,

-- Carlos.