Subject: [bmwg] New Version Notification for draft-asati-bmwg-reset-03

From: "Fernando Calabria (fcalabri)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:02:31 -0600

Hello WG 

We just submitted a new revision of the  draft-asati-bmwg-reset , so far
we incorporated all the comments and feedback received by you, so please
take some time "if possible" to go over the document a and let us know
your thoughts and why not any  questions and or concerns you may have 

Kind Regards 

Fernando Calabria & Authors 

-----Original Message-----

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 10:05 AM

To: Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)

Cc: Rajiv Asati (rajiva); Fernando Calabria (fcalabri);
[email-masked]

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-asati-bmwg-reset-03 

A new version of I-D, draft-asati-bmwg-reset-03.txt has been successfuly
submitted by Carlos Pignataro and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:   draft-asati-bmwg-reset

Revision:   03

Title:            Device Reset Characterization

Creation_date:    2010-02-19

WG ID:            Independent Submission

Number_of_pages: 19

Abstract:

An operational forwarding device may need to be re-started

(automatically or manually) for a variety of reasons, an event that

we call a "reset" in this document. Since there may be an

interruption in the forwarding operation during a reset, it is

useful to know how long a device takes to begin forwarding packets

again.

This document specifies a methodology for characterizing reset

during benchmarking of forwarding devices, and provides clarity and

consistency in reset test procedures beyond what's specified in

RFC2544. It therefore updates RFC2544.

The IETF Secretariat.

 

 

Fernando Calabria
Technical Leader AS
Customer Advocacy
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Phone: +1 919 392 7931
Mobile: +1 919 345 5246
Pager: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

CCIE - 4217

Cisco Systems, Inc.
United States
Cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com/> 

 Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact
the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html
<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html>