Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Device Reset Characterization
	Author(s)       : R. Asati, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-11-09

An operational forwarding device may need to be re-started
(automatically or manually) for a variety of reasons, an event that
we call a "reset" in this document. Since there may be an
interruption in the forwarding operation during a reset, it is
useful to know how long a device takes to resume the forwarding
operation.

This document specifies a methodology for characterizing reset (and
recovery time) during benchmarking of forwarding devices, and
provides clarity and consistency in reset test procedures beyond
what's specified in RFC2544. It therefore updates RFC2544.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.