Subject: [bmwg] WG Status approaching IETF-81

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:50:06 -0400

BMWG,

I'd like to see some progress leading up to our session

in Quebec.  After the Document deadlines, there are always

*many* new drafts to read, so let's focus on the ones we have
now.

Refer to the minutes and Action items of our session at

IETF-80:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/minutes/bmwg.html

This is the last week of a WGLC on flow export

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth

There seemed to be new activity on Data Center Networking at
IETF-80.

We already have some related/chartered work to comment on:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-04

and

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamilton-bmwg-ca-bench-meth-06.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamilton-bmwg-ca-bench-term-00.txt

Some other topics, pick one and provide your comments/feedback:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chairs-bmwg-2544-as-00.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-02.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-bmwg-imix-genome-01.txt

I'll mention that we're still waiting on IESG for the next step

in the IGP convergence benchmark drafts (for many months,

the ping has been sent yet again).

We also had an excellent discussion of the BGP Convergence
methodology

and the follow-up on the RESET RFC work - both topics need revised

or new drafts to move forward.

We'll have another WGLC on the SIP drafts when revised.

The "dread-lines" that *everybody else will be using*
are:

2011-07-04 (Monday): Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document
(-00)

submission by 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC), upload using
IETF ID Submission
Tool.

2011-07-11 (Monday): Internet Draft final submission cut-off by
17:00 PT

(00:00 UTC), upload using
IETF ID Submission
Tool.

looking for your contributions on our list,

Al