Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:05:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Networking Devices
	Author(s)       : Carol Davids
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Scott Poretsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-08.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2013-01-08

Abstract:
   This document provides a terminology for benchmarking the SIP
   performance of networking devices.  The term performance in this
   context means the capacity of the device- or system-under-test to
   process SIP messages.  Terms are included for test components, test
   setup parameters, and performance benchmark metrics for black-box
   benchmarking of SIP networking devices.  The performance benchmark
   metrics are obtained for the SIP signaling plane only.  The terms are
   intended for use in a companion methodology document for
   characterizing the performance of a SIP networking device under a
   variety of conditions.  The intent of the two documents is to enable
   a comparison of the capacity of SIP networking devices.  Test setup
   parameters and a methodology document are necessary because SIP
   allows a wide range of configuration and operational conditions that
   can influence performance benchmark measurements.  A standard
   terminology and methodology will ensure that benchmarks have
   consistent definition and were obtained following the same
   procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/