Subject: [bmwg] Benchmarking Neighbor Discovery Problems

From: William Cerveny <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:22:30 -0500

[Posting to bmwg and v6ops]

At the IETF 85 BMWG meeting, Ron Bonica suggested a draft on neighbor
discovery benchmarking, highlighting on the problems discussed in RFC
6583, “Operational Neighbor Discovery Problems.” I’ve completed a draft,
but missed the submission deadline by an hour. Al Morton, the BMWG
chair, suggested I post the draft elsewhere, and submit the draft when
submissions have reopened March 11.

For now, the draft can be found at:

http://21st-century-networks.org/draft-cerveny-bmwg-ipv6-nd.txt
http://21st-century-networks.org/draft-cerveny-bmwg-ipv6-nd.html
http://21st-century-networks.org/draft-cerveny-bmwg-ipv6-nd.pdf

Abstract

This document is a benchmarking instantiation of RFC 6583: “Operational
Neighbor Discovery Problems”. It describes a general testing procedure
and measurements that can be performed to evaluate how the problems
described in RFC 6583 may impact the functionality or performance of
intermediate nodes.

As always, I’m interested in suggestions, and comments.

Regards,

Bill Cerveny