Subject: [bmwg] Comments on draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-01.txt

From: "Fernando Calabria (fcalabri)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:15:10 +0000

Hi there,  I hope everyone is doing ok and you had a good productive  time
@ London Š

After reading the doc, I find the methodology as well as the overall  Test
Coverage very well laid out.

I personally see some room for further improvement / expansion in some of
the specific procedures,  for example:

5.1.1 RIB-IN Convergence..  Step ³F²

Record the time when the route A from Peer-x is received at
          the DUT.

The authors may want to expand here and described how Œexactly¹ the tester
 can  measure this specific time.

I would expect that it is not by  relying in any sort of Œdebugs¹ / logs ,
nor for a single  prefix and even worst for the case of multiple ones.

A  suggestion would be to  have a ³TAP² or a Sniffer and make note of the
exact time the UPDATE carrying the corresponding  NLRI makes it to the
³wire² 

This comment also applies  to 5.1.2 point ³I² and to  other Test Cases as
well.

Rgds 

Fernando