Subject: [bmwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term and -meth

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 20:22:28 -0400

BMWG (and SIPCORE):

A WG Last Call period for the Internet-Drafts on SIP Device
Benchmarking:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth/

will be open from 28 May 2014 through 11 June 2014.

These drafts are continuing the BMWG Last Call Process. See
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/bmwg/current/msg00846.html
The first WGLC was completed on 5 April 2010 with comments.
The second WGLC was completed on 18 May 2012 with comments.
The third WGLC was completed on 10 Dec 2012 with comments.
An IETF Last Call followed, and completed on 30 Jan 2013 with comments.

Please read and express your opinion on whether or not these
Internet-Drafts should be forwarded to the Area Directors for
publication as Informational RFCs.  Send your comments
to this list or [email-masked] and [email-masked]

Al
bmwg co-chair

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:29:22 -0400

As a doc shepherd's comment, I know from past studies that the
R development folks like to see their work properly referenced,
and the latest draft meth provides some R-code.

   [Rtool]    R Development Core Team, , "R: A language and environment
              for statistical computing." R Foundation for Statistical
              Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL
              http://www.R-project.org/, , 2011.

The xml for this reference can be found in this file:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-05.xml
or I can send to the authors directly.

There is usually some sort of language reference required for code
embedded in RFCs, adding the reference above may satisfy.

Al

> -----Original Message-----
> From: bmwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of MORTON, ALFRED C
> (AL)
> Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:22 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [bmwg] WGLC: draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term and -meth
> 
> 
> BMWG (and SIPCORE):
> 
> _______________________________________________
> bmwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:55:28 -0500

> embedded in RFCs, adding the reference above may satisfy.

Al: You are absolutely right!  I will make this change and reference
R as you show above.

I can do this and spin a new version, but I suspect that it will be
okay if we fold this into the next version of sip-bench-meth and
sip-bench-term that will include changes from WGLC...?  That way, both
the drafts can proceed with the same revision numbers.

I have made the above change in my private repository.

Thanks!

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq