Subject: [bmwg] Benchmarking Methodology for SDN Controller Performance

From: "Bhuvaneswaran Vengainathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:34:37 +0530

Hi folks,

We have submitted next version
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhuvan-bmwg-of-controller-benchmarking-01
) of the draft addressing the feedbacks and comments received on the
previous version. The draft is based on the points that were discussed
during the IETF 90 meeting
(http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-bmwg-2.pdf).  
 
Highlights of changes:
1.       Redefined metrics and methodologies to benchmark wide range of
controller implementations independent of southbound and northbound
protocols.
2.       Defined additional metrics including Topology Discovery Time, Path
Provisioning Time and Rate.
3.       Mapped the defined benchmarks in 3x3 matrix against Performance,
Scalability and Reliability.

We would love to hear any comments and queries on the same.

Thanks,

Authors