Subject: [bmwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04.txt> (Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for Data Plane Convergence) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:18:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for Data Plane
   Convergence'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   BGP is widely deployed and used by several service providers as the
   default Inter AS routing protocol.  It is of utmost importance to
   ensure that when a BGP peer or a downstream link of a BGP peer fails,
   the alternate paths are rapidly used and routes via these alternate
   paths are installed.  This document provides the basic BGP
   Benchmarking Methodology using existing BGP Convergence Terminology,
   RFC 4098.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.