Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 14:21:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Traffic Management Benchmarking
        Authors         : Barry Constantine
                          Timothy Copley
                          Ram Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-01.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2014-11-13

Abstract:
   This framework describes a practical methodology for benchmarking the
   traffic management capabilities of networking devices (i.e. policing,
   shaping, etc.). The goal is to provide a repeatable test method that
   objectively compares performance of the device's traffic management
   capabilities and to specify the means to benchmark traffic management
   with representative application traffic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Barry Constantine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:18:58 +0000

Hi BMWG,

First of all, many thanks for all of detailed comments we received for the 1st WGLC.

The new draft attempted to address each one, with a special emphasis on the integration of core test procedures for each test and results formatting.  We hope that both of these address the concern for test repeatibility.

We also incorporated net-perf wrapper as a recommended tool to generate the TCP / Application test patterns of Appendix B; this is also essential to overall repeatibility of test results since netperf inherently allows for precise control of TCP application request / response behavior (and of course is open source).

Thanks again for all of the comments,
Barry and Ramki

________________________________________
From: bmwg [[email-masked]] on behalf of [email-masked] [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 5:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-01.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg