Subject: [bmwg] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 09:37:02 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of minor, non-blocking comments that I hope you'll consider:

-- Section 2 --
As RFC 6163 is used to define necessary terminology, I think it's a
normative reference.

-- Section 3 --
I found the first paragraph here to be confusing: one thing can't be
grouped into multiple categories, and "regardless" seems not the right
word.  Also, the sentence (ending in ":") that introduces the list
doesn't have anything to do with the list it introduces.

May I propose this instead, and let you fix it if I don't have it quite
right?:

OLD
   The WSON RWA information model in this document is grouped into four
   categories regardless of whether they stem from a switching
   subsystem or from a line subsystem. A switching subsystem refers to
   WSON nodes such as ROADM or Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (OADM) and
   a line subsystem refers to devices such as WDM or Optical Amplifier:
NEW
   The WSON RWA information model in this document comprises four
   categories of information. The categories are independent of
   whether the information comes from a switching subsystem or from a
   line subsystem -- a switching subsystem refers to WSON nodes such as
   ROADM or Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (OADM), and a line subsystem
   refers to devices such as WDM or Optical Amplifier. The categories
   are these:
END