Subject: [bmwg] Document Action: 'Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for Data Plane Convergence' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 07:54:52 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for Data Plane
   Convergence'
  (draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence/

Technical Summary

This document describes a methodology to benchmark BGP convergence, utilizing
terminology from RFC 4098. In particular, this draft describes a methodology for
benchmarking the data plane FIB convergence performance of BGP, applying to both
IPv4 and IPv6 topologies with 3 or 4 nodes.

Working Group Summary

The -00 version of the draft was submitted in July 2013, and with decent feedback and
discussion from the WG, the authors were able to submit a -01 document in March 
2014, that moved into WGLC. At that time, a review from the Routing Directorate provided 
valuable feedback, which resulted in the document returning to the WG, and the authors 
revising the document based on this feedback, and WG feedback. -02 of the draft was 
introduced in June 2014, and moved to WGLC in September 2014. There've been no 
major issues or concerns raised, no heated debates or serious negative stances taken 
against this draft.

Document Quality
This document is in decent shape, being readable, reviewed both internally and external 
to the working group, and has had attentive authors answering and addressing incoming 
feedback in a timely manner, leading to a stronger, easily consumed document.

Personnel

Sarah Banks is the document shepherd.
Joel Jaeggli is the responsible AD.