Subject: [bmwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-04.txt> (Traffic Management Benchmarking) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:32:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Traffic Management Benchmarking'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This framework describes a practical methodology for benchmarking the
   traffic management capabilities of networking devices (i.e. policing,
   shaping, etc.). The goal is to provide a repeatable test method that
   objectively compares performance of the device's traffic management
   capabilities and to specify the means to benchmark traffic management
   with representative application traffic.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.