Subject: [bmwg] FW: RFC 6982: Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 11:41:44 -0400

BMWG, on "Implementation Status"

This is a question we ask as part of document shepherding,
so you can help everyone by including a brief section in future
drafts.  See below.

thanks,
Al
bmwg co-chair

________________________________
From: WGChairs [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise [[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:38 AM
To: WG Chairs
Subject: RFC 6982: Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section

Dear WG chairs,

During the IESG retreat this week, we discussed running code. We would like to bring your attention to this RFC: 6982, "Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section" (experimental).
You can review section 4 for an explanation of the benefits.
Interestingly, out of the 1918 current drafts, only 32 use that "Implementation Status" section.

Please advertise this capability within your WGs.

If you want to see examples, the 32 drafts are:
draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-01.txt:
draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes-02.txt:
draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-01.txt:
draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-rsvp-te-ext-02.txt:
draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-03.txt:
draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-07.txt:
draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-02.txt:
draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation-02.txt:
draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-00.txt:
draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase-05.txt:
draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd-01.txt:
draft-ietf-isis-mrt-00.txt:
draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-03.txt:
draft-ietf-ospf-mrt-00.txt:
draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-02.txt:
draft-ietf-pce-pce-initiated-lsp-04.txt:
draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-00.txt:
draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-03.txt:
draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-05.txt:
draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-05.txt:
draft-kong-eppext-bundling-registration-01.txt:
draft-kouvelas-lisp-rloc-membership-01.txt:
draft-li-isis-mrt-02.txt:
draft-martinsen-tram-discuss-02.txt:
draft-mrw-homenet-rtg-comparison-02.txt:
draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-08.txt:
draft-nottingham-safe-hint-06.txt:
draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket-08.txt:
draft-petithuguenin-tram-stun-pmtud-00.txt:
draft-templin-aerolink-52.txt:
draft-yi-manet-reactive-jitter-04.txt:
draft-zhu-rmcat-nada-06.txt:
Regards, Benoit