Subject: [bmwg] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth-01: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:25:36 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- I was a bit surprised there was no reference to software
signing here (only checksums are mentioned).  The
difference is that signature verification can also
sometimes require e.g. an OCSP lookup to check for
revocation and that could I guess impact on benchmarking.
(The secdir reviewer also made this point.)

- Kathleen makes a good point in her comment too.