Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 19:37:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their Infrastructure
        Author          : Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-09-23

Abstract:
   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has traditionally conducted
   laboratory characterization of dedicated physical implementations of
   internetworking functions.  This memo investigates additional
   considerations when network functions are virtualized and performed
   in commodity off-the-shelf hardware.

   Version NOTES:

   Addressed Ramki Krishnan's comments on section 4.5, power, see that
   section (7/27 message to the list).  Addressed Saurabh
   Chattopadhyay's 7/24 comments on VNF resources and other resource
   conditions and their effect on benchmarking, see section 3.4.
   Addressed Marius Georgescu's 7/17 comments on the list (sections 4.3
   and 4.4).

   AND, comments from the extended discussion during IETF-93 BMWG
   session:

   Section 4.2: VNF footprint and auxilliary metrics (Maryam Tahhan),
   Section 4.3: Verification affect metrics (Ramki Krishnan);
   Section 4.4: Auxilliary metrics in the Matrix (Maryam Tahhan, Scott
   Bradner, others)

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/