Subject: [bmwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-vsperf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-01.txt

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:00:30 -0400

Hi BMWG,

We have updated the OPNFV vSwitch benchmarking draft, comments welcome.

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-vsperf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Benchmarking Virtual Switches in OPNFV
        Authors         : Maryam Tahhan
                          Billy O'Mahony
                          Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-vsperf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-10-16

Abstract:
   This memo describes the progress of the Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV)
   project on virtual switch performance "VSWITCHPERF".  This project
   intends to build on the current and completed work of the
   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group in IETF, by referencing
   existing literature.  The Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has
   traditionally conducted laboratory characterization of dedicated
   physical implementations of internetworking functions.  Therefore,
   this memo begins to describe the additional considerations when
   virtual switches are implemented in general-purpose hardware.  The
   expanded tests and benchmarks are also influenced by the OPNFV
   mission to support virtualization of the "telco" infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vsperf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vsperf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vsperf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt