Subject: [bmwg] Document Action: 'Benchmarking Methodology for IPv6 Transition Technologies' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 09:38:59 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Benchmarking Methodology for IPv6 Transition Technologies'
  (draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking/

Technical Summary

   There are benchmarking methodologies addressing the performance of
   network interconnect devices that are IPv4- or IPv6-capable, but the
   IPv6 transition technologies are outside of their scope. This
   document provides complementary guidelines for evaluating the
   performance of IPv6 transition technologies.  More specifically,
   this document targets IPv6 transition technologies that employ
   encapsulation or translation mechanisms, as dual-stack nodes can be
   very well tested using the recommendations of RFC2544 and RFC5180.
   The methodology also includes a metric for benchmarking load
   scalability.

Working Group Summary

   Once the Working Group agreed on the approach taken in this draft,
   development of the draft was straightforward and WG consensus was 
   smooth. No issues raised during IETF LC.

Document Quality

   Document is clear (and provides a nice introduction to
   the technology as well!). 
   Review of key v6 experts was obtained, see Acknowledgements.

Personnel

   Al Morton in the Document Shepherd.
   Warren Kumari is the Responsible AD.