Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 11:38:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology of the IETF.

        Title           : Benchmarking Virtual Switches in OPNFV
        Authors         : Maryam Tahhan
                          Billy O'Mahony
                          Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-06-08

Abstract:
   This memo describes the contributions of the Open Platform for NFV
   (OPNFV) project on virtual switch performance "VSPERF", particularly
   in the areas of test set-ups and configuration parameters for the
   system under test.  This project has extended the current and
   completed work of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group in IETF,
   and references existing literature.  The Benchmarking Methodology
   Working Group has traditionally conducted laboratory characterization
   of dedicated physical implementations of internetworking functions.
   Therefore, this memo describes the additional considerations when
   virtual switches are implemented in general-purpose hardware.  The
   expanded tests and benchmarks are also influenced by the OPNFV
   mission to support virtualization of the "telco" infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/