Subject: [bmwg] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 19:53:31 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 2.3.1.3

  [...] This benchmark is obtained by sending asynchronous
   messages from every connected Network Device at the rate that the
   controller processes (without dropping them).

"obtained" doesn't feel like the right word.

I'm also a little surprised that there is not consideration to a
more-general "acceptable loss fraction" for which the processing
rate is determined -- the zero-loss case is certainly interesting,
but sometimes it is also useful to know how the system's behavior
degrades.