Subject: [bmwg] FW: Nomcom 2020-2021 Second Call For Volunteers

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 13:19:08 +0000

Please consider this opportunity, BMWG participants!
Al
bmwg co-chair

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: STARK, BARBARA H <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 5:51 PM
Subject: Fwd: Nomcom 2020-2021 Second Call For Volunteers
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi fellow chairs,
Would you mind sending this announcement on to your WGs and impress on
them how important it is? Especially if the WG’s AD is up for
selection.
Thx,
Barbara

Begin forwarded message:

From: NomCom Chair 2020 <[email-masked]>
Date: June 10, 2020 at 1:55:21 PM CDT
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Nomcom 2020-2021 Second Call For Volunteers

This is the second sending of the call for volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom.

I wanted to mention a few updates from the previous email (sent 2 weeks ago):
- I've fixed the URL at the bottom of the email to point to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/ instead of /2019/ . 

This was a test to see if anyone was paying
attention. Apparently, some people were. ;)
- The IETF 108 registration form includes a checkbox that will let you
volunteer. You can use this instead of emailing me, when you register
for IETF 108.
- I currently have 39 volunteers. Last year had 149. I need more volunteers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IETF NomCom appoints people to fill the open slots on the LLC,
IETF Trust, the IAB, and the IESG.

Ten voting members for the NomCom are selected in a verifiably random
way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance
we have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the
IETF population.

The details of the operation of the NomCom can be found in BCP 10 (RFC
8713). RFC 3797 details the selection algorithm.

Special for this year (and only this year), we also have RFC 8788
(one-off update to RFC 8713 / BCP 10) to tell us who is eligible to
volunteer:

     Members of the IETF community must have attended at least three of
     the last five in-person IETF meetings in order to volunteer.

     The five meetings are the five most recent in-person meetings that
     ended prior to the date on which the solicitation for NomCom
     volunteers was submitted for distribution to the IETF community.
     Because no IETF 107 in-person meeting was held, for the 2020-2021
     Nominating Committee those five meetings are IETFs
       102 [Montreal, Canada; July 2018],
       103 [Bangkok, Thailand; November 2018],
       104 [Prague, Czech Republic; March 2019],
       105 [Montreal, Canada; July 2019], and
       106 [Singapore; November 2019].

Keep in mind that eligibility is based on in-person attendance at the
five listed meetings. You can check your eligibility at: 
https://www.ietf.org/registration/nomcom.py