Subject: [bmwg] Report of implementing pseudorandom port number feature of siitperf

From: Gabor LENCSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 22:06:20 +0200

Dear BMWG List Members,

I have finished adding RFC 4814 random port feature to siitperf, my 
DPDK-based RFC 8219 compliant SIIT tester, which can also be used for 
benchmarking IPv4 or IPv6 network interconnect devices according to RFC 
2544 / RFC 5180.

Siitperf is a free software under the GPLv3 license, and I would be 
happy to hear that some of you are using it: 
https://github.com/lencsegabor/siitperf/tree/varport

I have reported its design, implementation and performance estimation in 
my paper currently under review:

G. Lencse, "Adding RFC 4814 Random Port Feature to Siitperf: Design, 
Implementation and Performance Estimation", submitted for review in 
/International Journal of Advances in Telecommunications, 
Electrotechnics, Signals and Systems/, Review version in PDF 
<http://www.hit.bme.hu/~lencse/publications/IJATES2-2020-siitperf-varport-for-review.pdf> 
(may be removed or replaced any time)

Any feedback is welcome!

Best regards,

Gábor