Subject: [bmwg] Benchmarking Methodology for Network Security Device Performance, version 5

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 13:00:30 -0500

Folks,

We have updated the draft. You can find it here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-05

In additional to spelling and some grammar corrections the following was
changed:

Abstract: 

*	Added NGIDS/NGIPS as a security device for performance benchmarking

3.  Scope: 

- Now the draft also covers validation of security effectiveness
configuration of the security devices (See appendix A)

4.2.  DUT/SUT Configuration: 

- Added security feature table for NGIDS/NGIPS (see table 2)

- added description for security features (see table 3)

- added new text "The ACL configuration on NGIDS/NGIPS devices is NOT
RECOMMENDED. "

- Added new subsection "4.2.1.  Security Effectiveness Configuration " This
section describes how to select CVEs (Thanks to Ryan Liles)

Test case 7.1

*	Renamed the test case 7.1
*	updated 7.1.1.  Objective (Thanks to Jurrie)
*	added how to document the tested traffic mix 

7.1.3.4.  Test Results Validation Criteria: 

- Removed the Criteria C (Since it is complex to measure and we didn't
validate this in the lab yet)

10.  Contributors: updated

11.  Acknowledgements: updated

Appendix A :

*	 Removed   NetSecOPEN Basic Traffic Mix 
*	 Added "Test Methodology - Security Effectiveness Evaluation

I would like to start the working group last call process. Could you advise
on how to do that?

Brian

---------

Brian Monkman

Executive Director, NetSecOPEN

Office: +1-717-610-0808 

Fax: +1-717-506-0460

Mobile: +1-717-462-5422

 <https://www.netsecopen.org> https://www.netsecopen.org