Subject: Re: [bmwg] bmwg Digest, Vol 199, Issue 13

From: "Sudhin" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 2021 07:48:39 -0000

Hi Rober,

Thanks for the feedback. I will update it. Please see the comments inline.

Regards,
Sudhin

From: [email-masked]
Sent: Sun, 23 May 2021 00:32:20
To: [email-masked]
Subject: bmwg Digest, Vol 199, Issue 13

Send bmwg mailing list submissions to
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg
or, via email, send a message with subject or body &#39;help&#39; to
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than &quot;Re: Contents of bmwg digest...&quot;

Today&#39;s Topics:

&nbsp; 1. Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest-07
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(Robert Sparks via Datatracker)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 08:28:24 -0700
From: Robert Sparks via Datatracker &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest-07
Message-ID: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;utf-8&quot;

Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review result: Has Nits

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate&#39;s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors. Document
editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

This document is essentially ready for publication as an Informational RFC, but
with nits.

Document reviewed: draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest-07

This document describes a set of lab-environment characterization tests to be
performed on isolated networks.

The document has basic formatting issues (line and page length) that should be
addressed before submission for publication as an RFC.

Sudhin&gt;&gt;&gt; I am using IETF online tool XML to txt converter. &nbsp;I will work on it.&nbsp;

The document does not discuss how the use of any of the mechanisms discussed in
RFC7432 (and the RFCs it relies on) for improving the security characteristics
of the protocols in use would affect the measurements being made, though it
seems to suggest that the lab mimic production configuration. Perhaps that
could be stated more clearly.

Sudhin&gt;&gt; Yes security parameters will affect the measuring values, for example &nbsp;&quot;mac pinning&quot;. I will
provide a note, stating that the results will change based on the security paramters.

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

------------------------------

End of bmwg Digest, Vol 199, Issue 13
*************************************