Subject: [bmwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00.txt

From: Gábor LENCSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 16:54:00 +0200

Dear BMWG Members,

We have just submitted a new Internet Draft titled: "Benchmarking 
Methodology for Stateful NATxy Gateways using RFC 4814 Pseudorandom Port 
Numbers"

I am not aware of any similar method, thus I feel that there is a 
significant methological gap in this area, which we would like to bridge 
with our draft. It contains the basic ideas, but not all the details. 
First, we would like to check, if our concept is right, and then plan to 
work out and add all the details.

Therefore, we would like to ask your kind feedbacks.

As a proof of concept, I have made a partial implementation of the 
method, which is available in the "stateful" branch of siitperf: 
https://github.com/lencsegabor/siitperf

Some details of the design and implementation and a few sample 
measurement results are also available in my draft paper, which is 
currently under review: 
http://www.hit.bme.hu/~lencse/publications/SFNAT64-tester-for-review.pdf
(It may be removed at any time, especially, if the paper is rejected.)

Any feedback is welcome!

Best regards

Gábor Lencse

-------- Továbbított üzenet --------
Tárgy: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00.txt
Dátum: 	Mon, 17 May 2021 07:33:39 -0700
Feladó: 	[email-masked]
Címzett: 	Gabor Lencse <[email-masked]>, Keiichi Shima <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gabor Lencse and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful
Revision: 00
Title: Benchmarking Methodology for Stateful NATxy Gateways using RFC 
4814 Pseudorandom Port Numbers
Document date: 2021-05-17
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 13
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00

Abstract:
RFC 2544 has defined a benchmarking methodology for network
interconnect devices. RFC 5180 addressed IPv6 specificities and it
also provided a technology update, but excluded IPv6 transition
technologies. RFC 8219 addressed IPv6 transition technologies,
including stateful NAT64. However, none of them discussed how to
apply RFC 4814 pseudorandom port numbers to any stateful NAT (NAT44,
NAT64, NAT66) technologies. We discuss why using pseudorandom port
numbers with stateful NAT gateways is a hard problem and recommend a
solution.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat