Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 05:37:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Network Security Device Performance
        Authors         : Balamuhunthan Balarajah
                          Carsten Rossenhoevel
                          Brian Monkman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-10.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2021-09-26

Abstract:
   This document provides benchmarking terminology and methodology for
   next-generation network security devices including next-generation
   firewalls (NGFW), next-generation intrusion prevention systems
   (NGIPS), and unified threat management (UTM) implementations.  This
   document aims to improve the applicability, reproducibility, and
   transparency of benchmarks and to align the test methodology with
   today's increasingly complex layer 7 security centric network
   application use cases.  The main areas covered in this document are
   test terminology, test configuration parameters, and benchmarking
   methodology for NGFW and NGIPS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/