Subject: [bmwg] Marking draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest dead...

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 19:05:02 -0500

Hi there all,

draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest/) completed IESG
Eval on 2021-07-01 (224 days ago), and was last updated 2021-06-18 (237
days ago).

Since then we have tried *multiple* times to reach the authors to get a new
version posted. The last time we managed to contact an author was 2021-08-1
(Sarah managed to reach Sudin, who said that he'd sent a revised copy to
his co-author for proof-reading).

In mid-October I sent mail (
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bmwg/bxVZYdOb8WXf1HJ-b7MVApK3_LI/)
saying:
"Unless the authors post new versions addressing the DISCUSS positions (or
the WG wants to appoint new authors who are willing to be much more active
in updating / addressing the DISCUSSes) by the end of October, I'm planning
on marking the document as dead."

Y'all called my bluff - I didn't mark it dead at the end of October, and we
discussed it at IETF112.
Minutes: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-112-bmwg/
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZKhuqa5BY&t=411s

>From the minutes:
---
 - Benchmarking Methodology for EVPN and PBB-EVPN
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest/
   status: IESG Review on July 1, 2021; Resolving DISCUSS and Comment
ballots
   AD Advisor has imposed a *Dead*-line (Oct 31)

   >>> Question whether anyone else in the group will help with this
DISCCUSS, And AUTH48???
   >>> All attempts to reach authors have failed.
   >>> Sarah will reach out to the co-authors again.
----

We asked for volunteers and received none, and all additional attempts to
reach the authors have failed, and so I will be marking the document as
DEAD.

W

-- 
Perhaps they really do strive for incomprehensibility in their specs.
After all, when the liturgy was in Latin, the laity knew their place.
-- Michael Padlipsky