Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcast-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:27:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Terminology for IP Multicast Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: K. Dubray
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-mcast-06.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 24-Sep-98
	
   The purpose of this document is to define terminology specific to the
   benchmarking  of  multicast IP forwarding devices. It builds upon the
   tenets set forth in RFC 1242, RFC 2285, and other  IETF  Benchmarking
   Methodology  Working  Group  (BMWG)  efforts.  This document seeks to
   extend these efforts to the multicast paradigm.
 
   The BMWG  produces  two  major  classes  of  documents:  Benchmarking
   Terminology  documents  and  Benchmarking  Methodology documents. The
   Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related terms.
   The  Methodology  documents define the procedures required to collect
   the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology documents.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-mcast-06.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcast-06.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcast-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.