Subject: New list for Applications / Network Response Time Discussion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:33:39 -0500

As a [belated] follow-up to the BOF held at the Chicago IETF, a mailing
list has been established to host discussions of application response time
issues as seen on the network.

Send subscribe request to [email-masked]
list name:     artmib_bof
mail to:       [email-masked]

I intend to post this to all the addressed lists ONCE.  Please pass this on
to others you believe may be interested in participating.

Jim McQuaid
[email-masked] / 978 614-4116

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics for discussion include:

1  Methods for identifying, monitoring and measuring network traffic
related to specific applications
2  MIBs and other methods for structuring and communicating this
information
3  The relation of such efforts to other groups within the IETF and
elsewhere

Non-topics include:

-  Systems management issues themselves
-  Application-based instrumentation techniques such as ARM API except
under #3 above

The current moderator of this list is Jim McQuaid, [email-masked]
Last updated November 1998