Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 09:37:21 -0400

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : Benchmarking Terminology for Firewall
Performance
        Author(s)       : D. Newman
        Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt
        Pages           : 23
        Date            : 06-May-99
        
This document defines terms used in measuring the performance of
firewalls. It extends the terminology already used for benchmarking
routers and switches with definitions specific to firewalls.
Forwarding rate and connection-oriented measurements are the primary
metrics used in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
        name="draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-06.txt";
        site="ftp.ietf.org";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--