Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:18:07 -0400

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking
        Author(s)       : H. Soor, D. Stopp, R. Daniels
        Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 14-Jun-99
        
This document defines a specific set of tests that vendors can use to
measure  and  report  the  performance characteristics and forwarding
capabilities of network devices that support IP multicast  protocols.
The results of these tests will provide the user comparable data from
different vendors with which to evaluate these devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
        name="draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-01.txt";
        site="ftp.ietf.org";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--