Subject: RE: Address learning / was more comments on draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-01

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:16:27 -0400

-------- Original Message --------

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:37:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]

Point of clarification on Jim's point 1: There are really two
measurements in
this area: One is learning rate, or throughput, as Jim describes. The
other is
absolute learning *capacity,* regardless of rate. They're similar, but
not
identical; RFC 2285, sections 3.8.1 and 3.8.2, lays out the differences
between
the two.

Now if we could only agree only whether either or both of these should
include
dropped addresses ;-)

dn