Subject: draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-02 Changes

From: Jerry Perser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:32:49 -0800

Changes to the Benchmarking Methodology for LAN Switching Devices version 2
include:

1. Renamed "test duration" to "trial duration" in order to be consistent
with RFC 2544.

2. Renamed some of the tests to be more descriptive of the test's method.

3. Reorganized test methods closer to RFC 2285 order of definitions.
Section numbers between version 1 and version 2 are *NOT* compatible.

4. Added appendix B on generating offered load.

5. Changed "All ports on the tester MUST transmit the exact number of test
frames." to use either method described in appendix B.

6. Reworded Congestion Control's Reporting format so the reader easier
understand when to determine if HOLB or backpressure exists.

___________________________________________________________ 
Jerry Perser               Phone: 818.676.2320 
SmartLab Manager           Lab:   818.676.2336 
Netcom Systems Inc.        Fax:   818.880.9165     
26750 Agoura Road          Corp:  818.676.2300 
Calabasas, CA, 91302       Pager: [email-masked]