Subject: Last Call : L3 QoS Benchmarking Workplan ???

From: "Perser, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:56:53 -0800

I'm Sorry.  I understood last call as "If anyone knows any reason why ....,
speak now or forever hold your peace."  I didn't know it was a voting call.
My vote is in favor of a QoS Benchmark.

I feel there is a strong need for a standard benchmark for QoS.  In the last
year I have done several QoS tests.  Each test has a different terminology
and methodology.  Each of them was valid in their own way.  None of the
could be compared to each other.  And none of them could be called a
standard.

It would be very beneficial to the industry if we had a QoS benchmark
standard like RFC-1242, RFC-2285 or RFC-2432.

___________________________________________________________ 
Jerry Perser               Phone: 818.676.2320 
SmartLab Manager           Lab:   818.676.2337 
Netcom Systems Inc.        Fax:   818.880.9165     
26750 Agoura Road          Corp:  818.676.2300 
Calabasas, CA, 91302       Pager: [email-masked]

---

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:08:38 -0500

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 07:36:47 -0700
Subject: Re: Last Call : L3 QoS Benchmarking Workplan ???

To all

I have made my feeling very well known on this issue. I feel very strongly about
performance measurement particularly as it relates to ensuring customers have a
way of validating services and making sure vendors don't "exaggerate" their
claims.

I am available to help

Terry Martin