Subject: Re: WG Last Call: Benchmarking Methodology for LAN Switching Devices

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:00:59 -0500 (EST)

from the ID
6. Security Considerations

   This document does not yet address Security Considerations.

the "yet" needs to be resolved before the IESG can look at it

Scott

---

From: Jeffrey Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:18:28 -0500

Scott, Robert and Jerry,

I suggest the following text replace that in section 6:

"As this document is solely for the purpose of providing methodology and
describes neither a protocol nor an implementation, there are no
security considerations associated with this document."

This verbiage seems to be acceptable to all concerned.  Unfortunately,
per the new rules for what constitutes an on time submission, you will
not be able to submit this amended document until 3/27.

Regards,

Jeff

>Scott Bradner wrote: