Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 07:51:03 -0500

-------- Original Message --------

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 06:28:03 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title		: Benchmarking Methodology for LAN Switching Devices
	Author(s)	: R. Mandeville, J. Perser
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 06-Mar-00
	
This document is intended to provide methodology for the benchmarking
of local area network (LAN) switching devices.  It extends the
methodology already defined for benchmarking network interconnecting
devices in RFC 1944 to switching devices.
 
This RFC primarily deals with devices which switch frames at the
Medium Access Control (MAC) layer. It provides a methodology for
benchmarking switching devices, forwarding performance, congestion
control, latency, address handling and filtering. In addition to
defining the tests, this document also describes specific formats for
reporting the results of the tests.
A previous document, 'Benchmarking Terminology for LAN Switching
Devices' [2], defined many of the terms that are used in this
document.  The terminology document SHOULD be consulted before
attempting to make use of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-03.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--