Subject: Re: WG Last Call: Benchmarking Methodology for LAN Switching Devices

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:25:19 -0500 (EST)

I suggest the following text replace that in section 6:

"As this document is solely for the purpose of providing methodology and
describes neither a protocol nor an implementation, there are no
security considerations associated with this document."   

> this is fine by me

This verbiage seems to be acceptable to all concerned.  Unfortunately,
per the new rules for what constitutes an on time submission, you will
not be able to submit this amended document until 3/27. 

> lets see if there are any other changes before making a new version anyway

Scott

---

From: Jeffrey Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:33:26 -0500

Scott,

Many thanks for your support.  I would like to suggest to the BMWG that,
in future, security considerations be handled along similar lines in
order to expedite the RFC process.

Jeff

>Scott Bradner wrote: