Subject: Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking version 4

From: "Perser, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:01:21 -0700

Can we get a summary of what changed?

I noticed that it is two pages shorter and Appendix A got abridged.

Appendix A makes less sense to me now.  Version 1, 2, and 3 of the draft
talked about an algorithm and had an example (but the actual algorithm was
missing).  I asked for the algorithms and never got an answer.  Version 4 of
the Appendix A states "If the distribution is not well defined or
understood, the throughput and forwarding metrics are not meaningful."  Yet
there is no attempt to define the distribution anymore.

I will ask the questions again:

     Are there actual algorithms for determining an even distribution?

     Are these algorithms proprietary?

___________________________________________________________ 
Jerry Perser               Phone: 818.676.2320 
SmartLab Manager           Lab:   818.676.2337 
Netcom Systems Inc.        Fax:   818.880.9165     
26750 Agoura Road          Corp:  818.676.2300 
Calabasas, CA, 91302       Pager: [email-masked]