Subject: [Bridge-mib] MSTP MIB and other new MIB module work

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:15:23 -0400

Hi,

IEEE 802.1 WG is going to submit a PAR for the next round of MIBs that
extend the bridgemib WG's mib modules to support MSTP, 802.1ad and any
other Q-Rev loose ends.
This will be a new update to Q and will need to include all of these.
The 802.1 WG would like to start with the Ruzin version, but get it
tweaked to 
address .1ad and other new features.  

The 802.1 WG would like BridgeMib members to produce the ASCII TEXT
file and then get it incorporated into 
an IEEE 802.1 document. As co-chair of the Bridgemib WG, I encourage
the members of the Bridgemib WG to help 
IEEE 802.1 produce the ASCII file for the MSTP MIB. The current
expectation is that they don't have to attend IEEE meetings, or obtain
voting membership to do this work.

Note that this work will NOT be done on the bridgemib mailing list.
The appropriate mailing list for IEEE 802.1 mib module discussion is
[email-masked].
To subscribe to the STDS-802-1-L list, go to
http://www.ieee802.org/1/email-pages/
To see the general information about 802,1, including how they work
and how to participate, go to http://www.ieee802.org/1/
To see presentations on the technology, go to
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2004

David Harrington
[email-masked]
co-chair, IETF Bridge WG

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib