Subject: [Bridge-mib] AD Review of: draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-04.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:53:09 +0200

Here are my comments:

Serious issues:
---------------

- smicng compile (for SYNTAX check) gives:

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng pbridge.inc
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (220,34) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (280,5) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (336,35) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (386,30) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (447,44) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (488,26) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (547,26) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (639,26) Must use "::="
  E: f(pbridge.mi2), (726,32) Must use "::="

  Strange that you did not catch those !!??

  W: f(pbridge.mi2), (444,30) Row "dot1dPortOutboundAccessPriorityEntry" does not
  have a consistent indexing scheme - index item dot1dRegenUserPriority from base
  row dot1dUserPriorityRegenEntry is not defined as an index item
 
  The warning is OK, also existed in 2674.

I find it a bit hard to do IETF Last Call with so many compile erros,
even though they are very easy to fix. Can you do a quir revision?

Admin and nits:
---------------

- I think the abstract and title page should state that
  this document obsoletes RFC2674. Or so I understand from
  the REVISION clauses from the MIB Module itself.

- idnits gives OK

- Checking refenences I find:

!! Missing citation for Normative reference:
  P098 L021: [802.1w]     IEEE 802.1w-2001, "(Amendment to IEEE Standard 802.1D) IEEE

!! Missing citation for Informative reference:
  P098 L035: [RFC1525]    Decker, E., McCloghrie, K., Langille, P. and A.

!! Missing citation for Normative reference:
  P097 L026: [RFC2674]    Bell, E., Smith, A., Langille, P., Rijhsinghani, A. and

- would be good to have text on persistence behaviour of read-write objects

- For dot1dDeviceCapabilities and dot1dPortCapabilities it would be (much) 
  better to move the comments (explaining what each bit means) into the
  DESCRIPTION clause of each definition

- smidiff tells me:

  C:\smi\mibs\work>smidiff ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB ./P-BRIDGE-MIB
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:264: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:274: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:321: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:329: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:371: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:390: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:431: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:288: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:298: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:344: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:352: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:394: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:413: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:453: warning: use Integer32 instead of INTEGER in SMIv2

  warnings are OK, that is what we had in RFC 2674.

  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:18 warning: contact of `P-BRIDGE-MIB' changed
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:18 warning: description of module identity definition
      `P-BRIDGE-MIB' changed
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:90 warning: revision `1999-08-25 00:00' changed
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:68 info: previous definition of `1999-08-25 00:00'

  above is OK

  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:84 warning: revision `2004-12-13 00:00' added
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:18 info: previous definition of `P-BRIDGE-MIB'
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:598 warning: column `dot1dPortRestrictedGroupRegistration'
       has be en added
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:784 warning: description of object group definition
      `pBridgeExtCapGroup' changed
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:743 info: previous definition of `pBridgeExtCapGroup'
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:872 warning: legal status change from `current' to
      `deprecated' for `pBridgePortGmrpGroup'
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:829 info: previous definition of `pBridgePortGmrpGroup'
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:909 warning: group `pBridgePortGmrpGroup2' has been added
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:926 warning: legal status change from `current' to
     `deprecated' for `pBridgeCompliance'
  ../ietf/P-BRIDGE-MIB:869 info: previous definition of `pBridgeCompliance'
  ./P-BRIDGE-MIB:1019 warning: compliance `pBridgeCompliance2' has been added

  that seems all OK

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib