Subject: [Bridge-mib] Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:03:34 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
'
   <draft-ietf-bridge-rstpmib-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Bridge MIB Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-rstpmib-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines an SMIv2 MIB module for managing the Rapid Spanning
  Tree capability defined by the IEEE P802.1t and P802.1w amendments to
  IEEE Std 802.1D-1998 for bridging between Local Area Network (LAN)
  segments.  The objects in this MIB are defined to apply both to
  transparent bridging and to bridges connected by subnetworks other
  than LAN segments.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The Bridge MIB Working Group discussed this document and approved
  its content in a Working Group Last Call process. All issues raised
  during the WG Last Call have been resolved, maintained in the RT
  system, and a summary of the resolutions was published to the
  mailing list for comment. The WG recommends that this document be
  forwarded to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
 
  It is the intention of the WG that subsequent mib module work for
  IEEE 802.1 technologies will be done by the IEEE 802.1 WG. There 
  are some concerns about the quality of work likely to result from
  SNMP non-experts, but the IETF is providing MIB Doctor review of
  their mib module work during the transition.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The document was reviewed in detail by John Flick, and discussed
  by several other MIB experts.  A number of IEEE 802.1 WG members,
  including the vice chair, were involved in discussions. 
  The discussions and clarifications resulted in editorial changes
  in the document. It is our belief that the document is at the
  appropriate quality for consideration as proposed standard. 
  Bert Wijnen has reviewed the document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib