Subject: [Bridge-mib] Question on IETF rfc4364; dot1qStaticUnicastTable

From: "Alexander Lindeijer \(AS/ETO\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:25:07 +0200

Hi
I'm unsure where to send my question, that's why I included all e-mail
address found in the contact section of the RFC. We are starting to
think about implementing the Q-BRIDGE-MIB as specified in rfc4363. My
question to you is the following:
How should one add entries to the dot1qStaticUnicastTable? In the
BRIDGE-MIB(rfc4188) there is the dot1dStaticTable with all objects being
read-create. My assumption is that one can create an entry by setting
the dot1dStaticStatus to permanent(3),deleteOnReset(4),
deleteOnTimeOut(5).
In the Q-BRIDGE-MIB however all objects are either 'inaccessable'(the
indexes) or 'read-write'. Is this a bug? Should it have been
read-create? Best solution would have been to add an entry to the table
of the rowStatus type. This is how it is done in the
dot1qVlanStaticTable later in the same MIB.
Thanks in advance for your trouble.
Best regards,
Alex Lindeijer
System Management
Ericsson Norway AS
Bussiness Unit Broadband Networks
PDU Point-to-point 
Systems Group Traffic Routing

Tel: + 47 4524 9433
Fax: + 47 455 815 10

[email-masked]
http://www.ericsson.com

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib