Subject: [Bundled-domain-names] Solutions in draft-yao-bundled-name-problem-statement-02.txt

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:47:06 -0700

Greetings. Section 3 of this document quickly moves away from being a 
problem statement into being a history of solutions. Sections 3.3 and 
3.4 seem like descriptions of earlier work, not problem statements. 
Proposed rewording:

3.3.  Mapping a name and and its descendants

    The bundle of variant domain names requires mapping of a whole tree
    of the domain space to another domain.  The current DNS protocols do
    not support this function.

3.4.  Cloning a zone

    A mechanism for processing master files or their equivalent in a DNS 
server
    could direct that server
    to exactly replicate the content of a DNS zone into one or more 
other
    DNS zones so that the content is reachable by multiple names at
    different zone apexes.  A problem for this method is that
    it cannot deal with child names that are delegated.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Jiankang Yao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:31:55 +0800

Dear Paul,

   thanks a lot for your kind review.

   We will update it based on your proposed rewording.

Jiankang Yao

From: Paul Hoffman
Date: 2016-10-26 07:47
To: bundled-domain-names
Subject: [Bundled-domain-names] Solutions in draft-yao-bundled-name-problem-statement-02.txt
Greetings. Section 3 of this document quickly moves away from being a 
problem statement into being a history of solutions. Sections 3.3 and 
3.4 seem like descriptions of earlier work, not problem statements. 
Proposed rewording:

3.4.  Cloning a zone

--Paul Hoffman

_______________________________________________
Bundled-domain-names mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bundled-domain-names