Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:24:36 +0100
List-Id: Discussions on Calendar Access protocol based on WebDAV <ietf-caldav.osafoundation.org>

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> Sure; although I didn't respond directly to that bunch of review  
> comments I assure you we've been thinking about issues like requiring  
> locking and referring to works-in-progress like DASL and HTTP-SASL (we  

It would be nice for those who actually do draft reviews to not only 
know *that* you have been thinking about those, but also *what* that was.

> took out references to DASL in the last draft, for example).  The rest  

The reference is still in.

> are probably fixes we'll make at some point when we get around to  
> fixing typos and terminology, assuming of course the nits haven't been  
> obsoleted by major text changes.  It's the high likelihood for major  
> text changes that's made me reluctant to redo the nit-checking work  
> very many times.

As far as I can tell, the non-editorial issues I raised have nothing to 
do with "nits", and almost none of these has been addressed.

> Were there any other major issues?

Indeed, and I wish it wouldn't be the burden of a reviewer to go through 
the issues list and check again and again. That being said, below is the 
(updated) list of issues raised against draft -02 which still do apply 
to -04 (and IMHO should have been addressed in some way; at a minimum 
with feedback about why the authors feel it's not a problem).

Best regards, Julian

--

Updated -02 issues list (originally submitted in October, 
<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav/2004-October/000095.html>):

02-C01 Section 1.1.1

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.1.1.1.p.2>

"Specifying new URL formats..." -- is this about new URI schemes (I 
think so). In this case, the text should use the proper IETF terminology.

02-C02 Section 1.1.3+4

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.1.1.3>
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.1.1.4>

This makes it sound as if Locking is a mandatory WebDAV feature, which 
is incorrect.

02-C03 Section 1.1.6

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.1.1.6.p.2>

Looking at the IETF status of the SASL draft it seems that it needs to 
be revised (also it's at draft 11 in the meantime). At some point of 
time this (calDav) spec needs to decide whether it wants to refer to 
work-in-progress or not...

Update -04: according to 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=6611&rfc_flag=0>, 
the IESG has been waiting for a revised ID since June, but the last ID 
(-11) has expired.

02-C04 Section 2

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.2>

Why are the following features required?

- Locking
- WebDAV SEARCH

I suspect there's some desire to promote certain WebDAV 
features/extensions (to which I'm sympathetic). However, just requiring 
lots of (IMHO orthogonal) stuff will just raise the entry barrier, thus 
affect acceptance (because people do not embrace CalDAV) or interop 
(because people will subset anyway) negatively. IMHO it's better to keep 
the required WebDAV feature set minimal, and then explain who certain 
extensions optionall can make things even better.

Similar thoughts apply to requiring RFC3744. I can easily imagine a 
server that has a custom ACL system that for some reason doesn't get 
exposed as WebDAV ACLs. As far as I can tell, that system would still be 
fully functional with the restriction that a calendaring client wouldn't 
be able to display ACLs or author them.

Also, saying that a server "may" support DeltaV doesn't say anything 
useful. It may also support any other HTTP extension (such as ordered 
collections, bindings or redirects). Please remove that paragraph.

Update -04: requirement for SEARCH has been removed, but (outdated) 
draft is still mentioned in "Informative References".

02-C05 Section 3

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.3>

I'm not sure we need new DAV: header tokens. It seems that both 
scenarios can already be addressed using supported-live-property-set and 
supported-method-set (and of course also the Allow header returned upon 
OPTIONS).

02-C06, Section 6

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.section.6.p.5>

It's ok to recommend a certain file extension, but requiring it is 
against HTTP and the overall Web architecture. The content type of a 
resource served via HTTP is defined by the Content-Type response 
parameter, nothing else. Even IE get's this right in XPSP2.

Editorial

02-E04, References

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-02.html#rfc.references>

The reference to WebDAV SEARCH has an incorrect date; anyway, in the 
meantime the draft has been updated, see 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-search-07>.

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:25:38 -0700
From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
X-Royer.com-MailScanner-Information: Please contact [email-masked] for more information
X-Royer.com-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.48 on 127.0.0.1
Cc: 
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] iCal-Basic - draft 00
X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.4
Precedence: list
List-Id: Discussions on Calendar Access protocol based on WebDAV <ietf-caldav.osafoundation.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav>,  <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav>,  <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:26:12 -0000

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms070605020908040607000407
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have taken the discussion on the CALSIFY mailing list and edited
RFC-2445 into a proposal for iCal-Basic.

Recurrence rules are not in iCal-Basic. iCal-Basic allows
for extension that include specific sub-sets of future
extensions (like recurrence rules that are likely to be
added).

An off mailing list discussion requested that RDATE be
added to iCal-Basic as it would be very simple to implement.

I have submitted draft-royer-ical-basic-00.txt and would
appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

-- 

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-4638
http://Royer.com               | Fax:    (866)594-8574
                                | Cell:   (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

--------------ms070605020908040607000407
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--------------ms070605020908040607000407--

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:19:27 +0100
From: =?windows-1252?Q?Kristian_J=F6rgensen?= <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Notification

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030103060408010506070608
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi.
I’m working on my B.Sc project at University of Skövde, Sweden, where I 
am currently comparing CAP against CalDAV. I have some questions to ask 
you about CalDAV..

First of all there are some great benefits of extending WebDAV, but I'm 
also interested in what you might consider to be a downside for CalDAV. 
For example notification dose not come for free, and how to solve this?
Do you think servers must support notification or should it be optional?
Is information about notification to be done in another draft or should 
CalDAV include this at a later stage? In the draft-01 there are some 
proposed protocols to use; SIP and XMPP.

Best regards Kristian Jörgensen

--------------030103060408010506070608
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
 name="kristian.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="kristian.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Kristian J=C3=B6rgensen
n;quoted-printable:J=C3=B6rgensen;Kristian
email;internet:[email-masked]
tel;work:0512 92229
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------030103060408010506070608--

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:34:37 -0800
To: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Sure; although I didn't respond directly to that bunch of review  
comments I assure you we've been thinking about issues like requiring  
locking and referring to works-in-progress like DASL and HTTP-SASL (we  
took out references to DASL in the last draft, for example).  The rest  
are probably fixes we'll make at some point when we get around to  
fixing typos and terminology, assuming of course the nits haven't been  
obsoleted by major text changes.  It's the high likelihood for major  
text changes that's made me reluctant to redo the nit-checking work  
very many times.

Were there any other major issues?

Lisa

On Dec 28, 2004, at 12:25 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Lisa Dusseault wrote:
>> Did anybody read draft -04? :) Particularly the new REPORT syntax?  
>> Comments are welcome on this direction...
>
> To be honest, I was hoping to get some feedback to my last batch of  
> review comments I submitted back in October  
> (<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav/2004-October/ 
> 000095.html>). Any news on that?
>
> I'll try to give feedback on the "Calendaring Reports" section as soon  
> I can spare some time for it.
>
> Best regards, Julian
>
> -- 
> <green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:25:10 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> Did anybody read draft -04? :) Particularly the new REPORT syntax? 
> Comments are welcome on this direction...

To be honest, I was hoping to get some feedback to my last batch of 
review comments I submitted back in October 
(<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav/2004-October/000095.html>). 
Any news on that?

I'll try to give feedback on the "Calendaring Reports" section as soon I 
can spare some time for it.

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:38:03 -0800
To: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail-5--746051660
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

Did anybody read draft -04?  :)  Particularly the new REPORT syntax?  
Comments are welcome on this direction...

Lisa

On Dec 14, 2004, at 1:39 PM, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> In this version of the draft we mostly focused on simplifying the two 
> reports down to one, and fully specifying the reports (there were 
> major unspecified areas around the reports in previous drafts.)
>
> We still haven't gotten around to dealing with nits, because we're 
> still adding and deleting major sections of text.  But we're getting 
> closer.
>
> Lisa
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: [email-masked]
>> Date: December 14, 2004 12:56:57 PM PST
>> To: [email-masked]
>> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
>> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>>
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>> directories.
>>
>>
>> 	Title		: Calendar Server Extensions for WebDAV (CalDAV)
>> 	Author(s)	: L. Dusseault, et al.
>> 	Filename	: draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
>> 	Pages		: 63
>> 	Date		: 2004-12-14
>> 	
>> This document specifies a set of methods, headers and resource types
>>    that define the calendaring and scheduling extension to the WebDAV
>>    protocol.  The new protocol elements are intended to make
>>    WebDAV-based calendaring an intereropable standard that supports
>>    single-user calendar access, calendar sharing, and calendar
>>    publishing.
>>
>> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
>>
>> To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
>> [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body 
>> of the message.
>> You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
>> to change your subscription settings.
>>
>>
>> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
>> username
>> "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>> type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>> 	"get draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".
>>
>> A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>>
>>
>> Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>>
>> Send a message to:
>> 	[email-masked].
>> In the body type:
>> 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".
>> 	
>> NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>> 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>> 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>> 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>> 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>> 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>> 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>> 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>> 	how to manipulate these messages.
>> 		
>> 		
>> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>> Internet-Draft.
>> Content-Type: text/plain
>> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> I-D-Announce mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-caldav mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav

--Apple-Mail-5--746051660
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/enriched;
	charset=US-ASCII

Did anybody read draft -04?  :)  Particularly the new REPORT syntax? 
Comments are welcome on this direction...

Lisa

On Dec 14, 2004, at 1:39 PM, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

<excerpt>In this version of the draft we mostly focused on simplifying
the two reports down to one, and fully specifying the reports (there
were major unspecified areas around the reports in previous drafts.)

We still haven't gotten around to dealing with nits, because we're
still adding and deleting major sections of text.  But we're getting
closer.

Lisa

Begin forwarded message:

<excerpt><bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>From:
</color></bold>[email-masked]

<bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Date:
</color></bold>December 14, 2004 12:56:57 PM PST

<bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>To:
</color></bold>[email-masked]

<bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Subject: </color>I-D
ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

<color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Reply-To:
</color></bold>[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Calendar Server Extensions for WebDAV (CalDAV)

	Author(s)	: L. Dusseault, et al.

	Filename	: draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

	Pages		: 63

	Date		: 2004-12-14

This document specifies a set of methods, headers and resource types

   that define the calendaring and scheduling extension to the WebDAV

   protocol.  The new protocol elements are intended to make

   WebDAV-based calendaring an intereropable standard that supports

   single-user calendar access, calendar sharing, and calendar

   publishing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 

[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  

You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 

to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username

"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,

type "cd internet-drafts" and then

	"get draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 

or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:

	[email-masked].

In the body type:

	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in

	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this

	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"

	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers

	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with

	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split

	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on

	how to manipulate these messages.

		

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader

implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Internet-Draft.

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-ID: <<[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________

I-D-Announce mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

</excerpt>_______________________________________________

Ietf-caldav mailing list

[email-masked]

http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-5--746051660--

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:46:48 -0500
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Missing section on calendar-query-result in CalDAV-04

Someone pointed out to me that calendar-query-result wasn't
defined anywhere in CalDAV-04. Here's the text that got lost
during the editing process (it should appear between section
15.2.1 and 15.2.2):

    <!ELEMENT calendar-query-result (icalcomp | #PCDATA)?>

       When used in a request, the "calendar-query-result" element
       specifies the iCalendar compoments and properties to be returned
       in the iCalendar objects part of the response.  If this element
       doesn't contain any "icalcomp" element, iCalendar objects will be
       returned with all their components and properties.
       When used inside a response, the "calendar-query-result" element
       contains an iCalendar object that matched the search filter
       specified in the request.  The "calendar-query" report result is a
       WebDAV "multi-status" response, with the following modification to
       the WedDAV "response" element from Section 12.9.1 of RFC2518 [6]:

       <!ELEMENT response (href, ((href*, status)|(propstat+)),
                           calendar-query-result?,
                           responsedescription?) >

    <!ATTLIST calendar-query-result result-content-type CDATA
                                    "text/calendar">

Cheers,
Bernard

To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:39:45 -0800
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

--Apple-Mail-3-199133595
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

In this version of the draft we mostly focused on simplifying the two 
reports down to one, and fully specifying the reports (there were major 
unspecified areas around the reports in previous drafts.)

We still haven't gotten around to dealing with nits, because we're 
still adding and deleting major sections of text.  But we're getting 
closer.

Lisa

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: December 14, 2004 12:56:57 PM PST
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
> directories.
>
>
> 	Title		: Calendar Server Extensions for WebDAV (CalDAV)
> 	Author(s)	: L. Dusseault, et al.
> 	Filename	: draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
> 	Pages		: 63
> 	Date		: 2004-12-14
> 	
> This document specifies a set of methods, headers and resource types
>    that define the calendaring and scheduling extension to the WebDAV
>    protocol.  The new protocol elements are intended to make
>    WebDAV-based calendaring an intereropable standard that supports
>    single-user calendar access, calendar sharing, and calendar
>    publishing.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt
>
> To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
> [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
> the message.
> You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
> to change your subscription settings.
>
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
> username
> "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
> type "cd internet-drafts" and then
> 	"get draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".
>
> A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
> Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
> Send a message to:
> 	[email-masked].
> In the body type:
> 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".
> 	
> NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
> 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
> 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
> 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
> 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
> 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
> 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
> 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
> 	how to manipulate these messages.
> 		
> 		
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
> Internet-Draft.
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

--Apple-Mail-3-199133595
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/enriched;
	charset=US-ASCII

In this version of the draft we mostly focused on simplifying the two
reports down to one, and fully specifying the reports (there were
major unspecified areas around the reports in previous drafts.)

We still haven't gotten around to dealing with nits, because we're
still adding and deleting major sections of text.  But we're getting
closer.

Lisa

Begin forwarded message:

<excerpt><bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>From:
</color></bold>[email-masked]

<bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Date:
</color></bold>December 14, 2004 12:56:57 PM PST

<bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>To:
</color></bold>[email-masked]

<bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Subject: </color>I-D
ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

<color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Reply-To:
</color></bold>[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Calendar Server Extensions for WebDAV (CalDAV)

	Author(s)	: L. Dusseault, et al.

	Filename	: draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

	Pages		: 63

	Date		: 2004-12-14

This document specifies a set of methods, headers and resource types

   that define the calendaring and scheduling extension to the WebDAV

   protocol.  The new protocol elements are intended to make

   WebDAV-based calendaring an intereropable standard that supports

   single-user calendar access, calendar sharing, and calendar

   publishing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 

[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  

You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 

to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username

"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,

type "cd internet-drafts" and then

	"get draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 

or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:

	[email-masked].

In the body type:

	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-04.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in

	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this

	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"

	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers

	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with

	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split

	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on

	how to manipulate these messages.

		

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader

implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Internet-Draft.

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-ID: <<[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________

I-D-Announce mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-3-199133595--

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 06:11:34 -0800
From: "David C. Thewlis" <[email-masked]>
To: "ietf-caldav reflector" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Meeting Notice: CalConnect Roundtable II -- The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
Reply-To: [email-masked]

MEETING NOTICE:  CALCONNECT ROUNDTABLE II

The second Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium Roundtable will be held
Tuesday-Thursday, 11-13 January, 2005, hosted by the University of
Washington on the UW Campus in Seattle, Washington.  We expect to have
space for 25-30 people so early notification of intent to participate will
be important.

This three-day event will include Consortium Technical Committee Meetings
for all TCs which wish to meet in person, and a full Roundtable of all
participants to consider TC reports, evaluate progress, and establish next
steps and directions in working towards interoperable Calendaring and
Scheduling.  There will also be a co-located Interop Testing Event on
Tuesday and Wednesday, which will run three different testing scenarios
(please see the information for this Interop on the Consortium website).  

This event is open to Consortium members only.   Participation in the
co-located Interop is open to both members and non-members.  Non-members
interested in the Consortium may join the Consortium prior to the
Roundtable or onsite (including non-members participating in the Interop
event) and attend the Consortium activities.

SCHEDULE

The general schedule is:

Interops (in parallel) - all day Tuesday, Wednesday morning
TC meetings - all day Tuesday, Wednesday morning, and afternoon as needed
Group Dinner - Wednesday evening
Roundtable - may begin Wednesday mid-afternoon; Thursday until 3:00

REGISTRATION FEE

There is a nominal registration fee for the Roundtable to cover meeting
facilities, food and breaks, and the group dinner.  If your organization is
a Consortium member participating in the co-located Interop, and you are
covered by the Interop Registration Fee, you need not pay a separate
registration fee for the Roundtable.

MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION

More information about this event, including logistics information, venues,
fees, etc. is posted on the Consortium website.  Please go to
www.calconnect.org and select Membership Activities-->Next Roundtable.   If
you are interested in participating in the Interop, please see
Interops-->Jan 2005. 

The event hotel is the Seattle Watertown:  www.watertownseattle.com,  The
cutoff date for the group rate (group name "calconnect" is 20 December
2004.

If you wish to attend the Roundtable, please contact me directly (contact
information below) to register and to arrange payment of registration fees.
 Remember that space is limited by the size of the venue meeting room;
early registration is advised.  

If you plan to attend the Interop, please use the registration form on the
Consortium website; see Interops-->Register.  If you will attend both the
Interop and the Roundtable, please contact me directly to be sure you are
included in planning for both events.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Dave Thewlis, Executive Director 
The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
1550 Dena Drive
McKinleyville CA 95519-4146
+1 707 840 9391 (voice)
+1 415 946 3454 (fax)
+1 707 498 2238 (mobile)
[email-masked]
www.calconnect.org

Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:51:00 -0800
From: "David C. Thewlis" <[email-masked]>
To: "ietf-caldav reflector" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Call for Participantion -- Second Calconnect Interop - 11-12 January 2005 - Seattle, Washington
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Please note that this announcement is being posted on multiple
calendaring-related reflectors and to the Calconnect mailing lists to
ensure as wide a distribution as possible.  Our apologies if you receive
multiple copies.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION -- SECOND INTEROP TESTING EVENT -  11-12 January
2005

The second Interop of The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
(CALCONNECT.ORG) will take place Tuesday and Wednesday, January 11-12,
2005.  It will be hosted by the University of Washington and the venue will
be on the UW Campus in Seattle, Washington.

This event will feature three separate Interop testing scenarios.
Participating organizations are welcome to test against one, two, or all
three scenarios.  Please note however that these scenarios will be going on
simultaneously so you will probably need a team for each scenario you
participate in.

Space will be limited so early notification and registration is advised.

INTEROP SCENARIOS

(a) Full scale interop: against iCal, iMIP, iTIP, essentially the same
scenario as the one done in July 2004.  The goal is to get results from
testing by more implementations to augment the data from July -- at the
July event Oracle and IBM tested; it would be very useful to have results
from other vendors to augment the understanding of the RFCs gained from the
July (and earlier) Interops.

(b) Min-IOP Interop:  The Min-IOP Technical Committee of the Consortium was
formed to identify and define the "Minimum Interoperable Subset" for
iCalendar as part of the work towards the Calsify effort in the IETF.  This
Interop scenario is for implementations to test against that subset.  The
goal is to help define baseline requirements for the CALSIFY effort and to
determine what the real world common subset actually is, so the more
implementations tested against this common subset the more realistic and
useful the results will be.

(c) CalDAV Interop:  Oracle Corporation will provide a prototype CalDAV
server for client testing, and work is progressing on the definition of the
test cases for the scenario.  Some vendors have expressed interest in being
able to do a CalDAV Interop as soon as possible.  This will provide early
feedback to the server implementors, the CalDAV specification authors, and
the client implementors.

WHO MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE INTEROPS

Any vendor or organization wishing to test a calendaring and scheduling
implementation is welcome to attend whether or not they are a Consortium
member. Note that Consortium members do receive a substantial discount on
their Interop participation fee (see below).

CONSORTIUM ROUNDTABLE II

Technical committee meetings of the Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
are also planned for 11-12 January at the same location, followed by an
all-hands Consortium Roundtable on Thursday 13 January.  Interop
participants who are not Consortium members will not be able to participate
in the other Consortium activities as they are reserved to members.
However, a non-member Interop Participant can join the Consortium at the
event and become a member immediately and be able to participate in the
technical committee and roundtable meetings.

REGISTRATION FEE

The registration fee for the Interop is $1500 for Consortium members and
$2500 for non-members.  The registration fee covers two individuals;
additional individuals are $150 each for members or non-members.  (If you
are planning to participate in more than one Interop scenario you may need
more than two people.)

Members:  Please note that the Interop Registration Fee for Members also
covers the registration fee for participation in the Consortium events for
the interop participants.

HOW TO REGISTER AND FURTHER INFORMATION

Detailed information including logistics will be posted on the Consortium
website as as it becomes available; go to http://www.calconnect.org and
select "Interops Future".  You may also register online on the website by
selecting "Interops Registration".

For questions or more information, or to inform us of your plan to
participate in the Interop, please contact me at the Consortium.

Best Regards,

Dave Thewlis
Executive Director
The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
1550 Dena Drive
McKinleyville CA 95519-4146
+1 707 840 9391 (voice)
+1 415 946 3454 (fax)
+1 707 498 2238 (mobile)
[email-masked]
www.calconnect.org