Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Linux magazine: On the search for the Groupware standard
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:05:41 -0400
List-Id: Discussions on Calendar Access protocol based on WebDAV <ietf-caldav.osafoundation.org>

The German edition of Linux Magazine published an article on CalDAV.
Here's the URL if you can read German:

http://www.linux-magazin.de/online_artikel/auf_der_suche_nach_dem_groupware_standard/(kategorie)/339

Else you can read an automated translation of the article here:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.linux-magazin.de/online_artikel/auf_der_suche_nach_dem_groupware_standard/(kategorie)/339&prev=/language_tools

Cheers,
Bernard

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:02:14 -0700
From: Dave Thewlis <[email-masked]>
Organization: The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
To: ietf-caldav list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Announcing CalConnect Roundtable IX and Interoperability Test Event - May 7-11, Seattle, Washington
Reply-To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040301050008000201030708
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

*The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium announces Roundtable IX and  
Interoperability Test Event

*CalConnect would like to invite you to our Roundtable IX and the 
associated CalConnect Interoperability Test Event, the week of May 7-11, 
2007, in Seattle, Washington, hosted by The Boeing Company.  
Registration is now open for the Roundtable and/or the IOP test event.  
Logistics and registration information may be found at 
http://www.calconnect.org/roundtable9.shtml and at 
http://www.calconnect.org/iopmay2007.shtml.

General schedule:  The IOP test will begin at noon Monday and run 
through noon Wednesday.  The Roundtable will begin at lunch on Wednesday 
and run through lunch on Friday.  Possible optional Roundtable sessions 
may be held Wednesday morning prior to lunch. 

The IOP test event will involve both CalDAV and regular iCalendar, iMIP 
and iTIP interoperability testing scenarios.  In addition, plans and 
preliminary work for a Mobile Calendar IOP Test Event, and the scenarios 
associated with that event, will be covered.

Roundtables are largely comprised of technical committee sessions, which 
generally include reports on work accomplished or in progress, working 
sessions in a "committee of the whole" environment for all interested 
parties, and discussions about work to be undertaken.

Scheduling BOFs at the January events proved extremely valuable to the 
attendees.  Therefore, the Roundtable and IOP test event schedules in 
May have been adjusted to allow time for BOFs during both events.  BOFs 
may be scheduled in advance by request, or on an ad hoc basis at the 
events.

If you are not currently a member of the Consortium, you may attend a 
single Roundtable, or a single IOP test event, as an observer; see 
http://www.calconnect.org/observer.shtml for more information.

Both members and non-members may participate in the IOP test events.

We hope to see you in Seattle!

Dave Thewlis

-- 
*Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
Calconnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium*
+1 707 840 9391 (voice) · +1 707 498 2238 (mobile)
http://www.calconnect.org · [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

--------------040301050008000201030708
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
<b>The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium announces Roundtable IX
and&nbsp; Interoperability Test Event<br>
<br>
</b>CalConnect would like to invite you to our Roundtable IX and the
associated CalConnect Interoperability Test Event, the week of May
7-11, 2007, in Seattle, Washington, hosted by The Boeing Company.&nbsp;
Registration is now open for the Roundtable and/or the IOP test event.&nbsp;
Logistics and registration information may be found at <a
 href="http://www.calconnect.org/roundtable9.shtml">http://www.calconnect.org/roundtable9.shtml</a>
and at <a href="http://www.calconnect.org/iopmay2007.shtml">http://www.calconnect.org/iopmay2007.shtml</a>.<br>
<br>
General schedule:&nbsp; The IOP test will begin at noon Monday and run
through noon Wednesday.&nbsp; The Roundtable will begin at lunch on
Wednesday and run through lunch on Friday.&nbsp; Possible optional
Roundtable sessions may be held Wednesday morning prior to lunch.&nbsp; <br>
<br>
The IOP test event will involve both CalDAV and regular iCalendar, iMIP
and iTIP interoperability testing scenarios.&nbsp; In addition, plans and
preliminary work for a Mobile Calendar IOP Test Event, and the
scenarios associated with that event, will be covered.<br>
<br>
Roundtables are largely comprised of technical committee sessions,
which generally include reports on work accomplished or in progress,
working sessions in a "committee of the whole" environment for all
interested parties, and discussions about work to be undertaken. <br>
<br>
Scheduling BOFs at the January events proved extremely valuable to the
attendees.&nbsp; Therefore, the Roundtable and IOP test event schedules in
May have been adjusted to allow time for BOFs during both events.&nbsp; BOFs
may be scheduled in advance by request, or on an ad hoc basis at
the events. <br>
<br>
If you are not currently a member of the Consortium, you may attend a
single Roundtable, or a single IOP test event, as an observer; see <a
 href="http://www.calconnect.org/observer.shtml">http://www.calconnect.org/observer.shtml</a>
for more information.<br>
<br>
Both members and non-members may participate in the IOP test events.<br>
<br>
We hope to see you in Seattle!<br>
<br>
Dave Thewlis<br>
<br>
<div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
<font size="-1"><b>Dave Thewlis, Executive Director<br>
Calconnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium</b><br>
+1 707 840 9391 (voice) &middot; +1 707 498 2238 (mobile)<br>
<a href="http://www.calconnect.org">http://www.calconnect.org</a> &middot; <a
 href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
</font></div>
</body>
</html>

--------------040301050008000201030708--

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:14:25 -0400
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: RFC 4791 on Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)]

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 4791 on Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:51:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4791

         Title:      Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)
         Author:     C. Daboo, B. Desruisseaux,
                     L. Dusseault
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       March 2007
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      107
         Characters: 206801
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-dusseault-caldav-15.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4791.txt

This document defines extensions to the Web Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV) protocol to specify a standard way of accessing,
managing, and sharing calendaring and scheduling information based on
the iCalendar format.  This document defines the "calendar-access"
feature of CalDAV.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:20:42 -0400
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] RFC 4791 on Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) (fwd)

--==========C34DDEA14AC5B47FC690==========
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi,
Thanks to everyone for their hard-work on this spec.

------------ Forwarded Message -----------
Date: March 15, 2007 2:51:26 PM -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4791 on Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4791

        Title:      Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)
        Author:     C. Daboo, B. Desruisseaux,
                    L. Dusseault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      107
        Characters: 206801
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dusseault-caldav-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4791.txt

This document defines extensions to the Web Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV) protocol to specify a standard way of accessing,
managing, and sharing calendaring and scheduling information based on
the iCalendar format.  This document defines the "calendar-access"
feature of CalDAV.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

--==========C34DDEA14AC5B47FC690==========
Content-Type: message/rfc822;
	name="RFC 4791 on Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)"

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:51:26 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4791 on Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4791

        Title:      Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) 
        Author:     C. Daboo, B. Desruisseaux,
                    L. Dusseault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      107
        Characters: 206801
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dusseault-caldav-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4791.txt

This document defines extensions to the Web Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV) protocol to specify a standard way of accessing,
managing, and sharing calendaring and scheduling information based on
the iCalendar format.  This document defines the "calendar-access"
feature of CalDAV.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

--==========C34DDEA14AC5B47FC690==========--