Subject: [caldav] Clarification on Scheduling Extensions draft

From: Andrew McMillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 22:25:45 +1300

Hi All,

Firstly, is there any timeframe for when a new draft of the scheduling
extensions for CalDAV will be available to replace the current expired
one?

Secondly, in implementing this at present, we are wondering about the
response to a POST (or other request too, perhaps) when some attendee
actions are successful, and some are denied.

In the spec there is an example of a denied operation in B.6, showing a
403 response with an <error>... <need-privilege> ... response, so we are
assuming that in an situation where some invites are successfully
delivered, and some are refused, that the response should be a
<multistatus> with <href>attendee</href><propstat>... having the <error>
inside the <responsedescription>?

Or perhaps we're thinking about this in entirely the wrong way...

Another thing that didn't become clear to me from the spec until maybe
the tenth read through is that granting schedule-deliver privileges
widely will be fairly normal, and granting schedule-send privileges will
be relatively exceptional.  At least that's my guess, though the
descriptions of the effects of the privileges seems a bit light, and
even the tables in the appendix don't really clarify it that much
further.

Also, for a completely trivial typo, the word 'client' is missing from
the first line of Appendix B.3. :-)

Thanks,
					Andrew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
                     Tomorrow, you can be anywhere.
------------------------------------------------------------------------