Subject: [Call-home] welcome to call-home!

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:33:12 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'd like to welcome you to the conversation regarding Call Home
functionality.  Shortly a draft will be posted that describes the
problem.  It's a drafty draft and I solicit your comments.  Briefly, it
summarizes the following:

 - transparency and security issues
 - nature of IT
 - intermittently connected devices
 - what call home is
 - why it solves some of these problems
 - some of the issues relating to call home.

When posted the draft will be draft-lear-callhome-description-00.txt.

I'll forward the posting draft to this group when it's done.

Next up, I will be requesting a BoF at IETF 64 on this topic.  Please
look for a note from me in the next day or so that contains a proposed
agenda for that BoF.

Thanks for joining the party...

Eliot

_______________________________________________
Call-home mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/call-home