Subject: Calendar Store Data Model for CAP

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:52:01 -0800

Folks,

In the cap requirements doc,
http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/temp-capreq-02.txt , on page 9, there
is some text that reads "<insert calendar store diagram here>".  A gif
image of that diagram can be found at:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/db.gif .

-Steve

---

From: "Mark D. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:11:17 -0800

FYI, another rhetorical aid i found myself wanting while reading the calendar documents was a table
of property-by-component, since most of the components are basically collections of
property values, and and there is a many-to-many mapping between properties and components.

-mda

---

From: "Frank Dawson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:02:14 -0500

>property values, and and there is a many-to-many mapping between properties
and components.

Hmm. Isn't this provided by the iTIP messages? Or did you want a table that
had properties on the Y-axis and components on the X-axis?

- - Frank Dawson

---

From: "Mark D. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:09:23 -0800

>Hmm. Isn't this provided by the iTIP messages?

It is in ical-main (section 4.6), but spread out.

it is in itip, but also spread out, and it isn't obvious to
me that itip is the place for definitive component definitions
anyway. not that i understand itip anyway (as per separate thread).

>Or did you want a table that

yup, that's the ticket. i don't think it makes the spec any more
precise, but it helps in understanding the object model.
at least for me. it might also be helpful in expressing the consequences
of future additions to properties/components.

-mda

---

From: "Frank Dawson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:29:15 -0500

On Monday, November 23, 1998 9:21 PM, Mark D. Anderson wrote in part:

>anyway.

Yep, iTIP is the place to define the constraints of properties on calendar
components. So far, this is the only protocol that IETF CALSCH WG has
defined. iCalendar spec is really just a data dictionary, as my co-editor
Derik Stenerson is fond of saying.

- - Frank Dawson