Subject: Re: queries for unbounded recurring components

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:36:27 -0400

Steve:
No, it is not an unusual expectation at all. Guess who created the 
recurring event definition? A CUA. How did it know what RRULE and EXRULE 
to use? Well, it had the ability to zip up the desired recurrences into a 
rule, then it certainly has the where with all to unzip them.
-- Frank

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:54:22 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:

> recurring event definition? A CUA. How did it know what RRULE and
> EXRULE to use? Well, it had the ability to zip up the desired
> recurrences into a rule, then it certainly has the where with all to
> unzip them.

That's not always true... I create an unbounded recurring event with CUA
A and then CUA B asks for all instances of that event. What you're
saying is that all CUAs need to be able to unzip recurring events.

I suppose the other way to look at this is that CUAs that are not
capable of unzipping recurring events had better be careful of what they
ask for.

-Steve