Subject: Re: CHARSET and LANGUAGE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:47:56 -0400

Doug:
Per iCalendar, you can only set CHARSET at the content-type header level, 
not at the calendar component level. This was removed from vCalendar, as 
it was massaged into iCalendar. Repeatedly, I have received requests from 
pacific rim reviewers of iCalendar for this function. But, I believe that 
the IESG philosophy is to set the character set at the MIME entity level, 
not within the the MIME entity.
-- Frank

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:51:21 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> Per iCalendar, you can only set CHARSET at the content-type header level, not
> at the calendar component level. This was removed from vCalendar, as it was
> massaged into iCalendar. Repeatedly, I have received requests from pacific rim
> reviewers of iCalendar for this function. But, I believe that the IESG
> philosophy is to set the character set at the MIME entity level, not within
> the the MIME entity.

I have not proposed any thing like this, and I have not seen anyone
else propose putting it into the MIME entity.

-Doug