Subject: Re: W-19 - open item - can we defer it?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:19:00 -0400

That sounds pretty simple to me.  Can't we add a statement that says just 
this example and say this is how you handle permissions for a group?
Doug wrote in response to Richard Shusterman: 

A VCAR can specify a list of users:

BEGIN:VCAR
CARID:Permisssions for group 'A'
GRANT:UPN=<user1>...
GRANT:UPN=<user2>...
END:VCAR

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:59:57 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> That sounds pretty simple to me.  Can't we add a statement that
> says just this example and say this is how you handle
> permissions for a group?

But this is a static group (to use Bruce's term); every time the
group membership changes, the VCAR will have to be updated.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |This is the .sig that says... Ni!            |
[email-masked]|                                             |
\==============================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:18:44 -0700

> group membership changes, the VCAR will have to be updated.

So this is the same idea as email aliases?

I do not remember there being a requirement that a CUA must be
able to get, set, and manipulate group lists. Without that requirement
they can't be used - correct?

I also do not remember a requirement that a CS must get, set, and
manipulate group lists. Without that requirement
they can't be used - correct?

I do not understand (yet) the UPN ~stuff~. Is somone prepared
to describe a group UPN? Or am I still missing the point?

-Doug