Subject: Re: Subject: Comments: Draft-many-ical-ski -language

From: "greg fitzpatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:48:11 +0100

There is one property which has not been criticized in the SKiCal draft and
that is:
LANGUAGE

If 2445 has any ambition of being an international standard, we must be able
to convey in what language a meeting (note - i am restricting myself to
meetings) will be carried out.

If their are no objections, then please add this property to RFC 2445.

Greg

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:26:28 -0700

RFC2445 is a MIME type - And I think that LANG exists in the MIME header.
No need to add it to the object. Also, it is a parameter for TEXT value
types so individual properties have override the MIME lang.

I thought that your proposal also defined a way to show
the presentation language of the event. X-SKI-EVENT-LANGUAGE - Correct?

-Doug

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:34:37 +0200

Confusion - yes our proposal defines a way to show the presentation language
for the event.  That is what we are talking about.  Why is  this property
not included in 2445?  For  European companies with many languages being
spoken within the firm, this is a valuable piece of information.

Greg

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Doug Royer
> Sent: den 15 oktober 1999 22:26
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Subject: Comments: Draft-many-ical-ski -language
>
>
>