Subject: Re: W-21 Get/Set user properties.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:38:51 -0400

Ok with me.

Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
09/30/99 03:35 PM
Please respond to ietf-calendar

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        W-21 Get/Set user properties.

As there has been only a question (Richard), and no proposals.
Shall I consider this issue dead? (N status in the action item
list)

-- 
Doug
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work: [email-masked]      Home    801 Woodside Rd #14-244
      530 E. Montecito St.         Office: Redwood City, CA 94061
      Santa Barbara, CA 93103
      805-957-1790 x541            Personal Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Shusterman)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:41:10 -0700

I would appreciate a little time to respond to my emails :)

This action item was not a question. It was a placeholder for someone (I
suppose it should have been me) to propose a way for a CUA to retrieve
user properties from a CS using CAP. Examples of user properties that
would be useful to a CUA:

   * First and last name of this user.
   * A default calendar to fetch for this user.
   * The URI's that are described by the draft-ietf-calsch-locating
     document.

This "capability" would be especially useful to thin client CUA's that
don't want/need to implement code to contact a directory server to
get/set these user properties. Also, the CUA would only need to prompt
for a login name/password if the CUA could retrieve the above user
properties from the CS.

So, I will try to get together such a proposal (by early next week) and
submit it to this WG.

Richard

[email-masked] wrote:

>  Doug Royer
   <[email-masked]>                    To:
   Sent by:                             [email-masked]
   [email-masked]                  cc:
                                                Subject:        W-21
   09/30/99 03:35 PM                    Get/Set user properties.
   Please respond to ietf-calendar
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>