Subject: Re: CHARSET and LANGUAGE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:47:55 -0400

Paul Hill wrote, in part:
>The multi-lingual conference and the vacation week with multiple 
languages available,
>both seem like real, but complex enough possibilities that would be good 
to
>cover.

We aren't using ISO standards, we are using the RFC 1766, "Tags for 
Identification of Languages" for specification of languages in iCalendar 
and now CAP. Just to be clear.
Second clarification. Multi-lingual descriptions of SUMMARY and 
DESCRIPTION properties are specified by specifying multiple instances of 
the property, each one with a different LANGUAGE parameter.
-- Frank

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:53:09 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> >The multi-lingual conference and the vacation week with multiple languages
> available,
> >both seem like real, but complex enough possibilities that would be good to
> >cover.
> 
> Identification of Languages" for specification of languages in iCalendar and
> now CAP. Just to be clear.
> 
> Second clarification. Multi-lingual descriptions of SUMMARY and DESCRIPTION
> properties are specified by specifying multiple instances of the property,
> each one with a different LANGUAGE parameter.

Yes. But that still does not tell the attendees what languange will
be spoken at the event - One item in the SKi proposal.

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:26:09 +0200

Thank you Doug, that is just what I am asking.

Are there no  "silent travelers" on this list? People who do not live in an
environment where English is the only language on earth, except when eating
in foreign food restaurants?
Please make yourself heard:-)

Föresten, hur många nordbor är med på denna lista?  Kan ni inte maila mig
privat så att jag vet hur många ni är?

Greg