Subject: Re: SKICal applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:20:51 -0500

Are these different implementations (i.e., different code bases)? 
-- Frank

---

From: Pär Lannerö <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:34:44 +0100 (MET)

> Are these different implementations (i.e., different code bases)? 

Yes. They are even written in different programming languages.
They implement different functionality, even though all are
applications centered around SKICal.

1. A graphical search interface making use of GEO information
etc, written as a Java applet:
http://www.stockholmtown.com/events/9/index.asp
you can click on "advanced" search to try out some Geo searches.

2. SKICal output from database, written in VBscript:
http://www.stockholmtown.com/events/9/skical.vcs?since=2000-03-08

3. An application for creating and editing SKICal (and iCalendar)
files, for those who do not have their information in a database
already. It is a Java standalone application and can be retrieved
from http://195.163.30.82/qscwdv/skicalgen.zip

There is also a SKICal parser written in C which is not available as
a web resource, and a SKICal emitter written as a Perl cgi script.

Regards
Pär Lannerö

-Pär-Lannerö----------------------------------------------------------
 mailto:[email-masked]        jobb:+46(0)8337785
 http://www.d.kth.se/~d92-pla/           hem:+46(0)853039951
 icq:306436                              gsm:+46(0)708/826888
----------------------------------------------------------------------
    <meta:matrix> - anpassar databaser till Internetåldern

---

From: Pär Lannerö <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:34:44 +0100 (MET)

Regards
Pär Lannerö