Subject: proposed revision to section 2.4.2.2

From: "Paul B. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:37:43 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to 2.4.2.2 so that it reads as follows:

----------------------

2.4.2.2.  Anonymous Users and Authentication

    Anonymous access is often desirable.	For example an organization may
    publish calendar information	that does not require any access control
    for viewing or login. Conversely, a user may	wish to	view unrestricted
    calendar information	without	revealing their	identity.

    CAP implementations MUST support anonymous authentication, as defined in
    section <fwd ref 7.1.3>.

    CAP implementations MAY support anonymous authentication with TLS, as
    defined in section <fwd ref 7.1.3.2>.

----------------------

The last two short paragraphs are new.

The previous version contained the sentence:

"For detailed syntax information on anonymous authentication please refer 
to the AUTHENTICATE command in section 7.1.3."

This is now redundant and incomplete.

Paul