Subject: CalConnect Details

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:52:37 -0500

This is the final information on the CalConnect Interoperability Testing. 

Dates:
-------------------
The official dates for the CalConnect testing are April 11 - 12. These 
will be two full days of testing so participants should allow for travel 
on Monday, 4/10  and Thursday, 4/13.  Testing will be held at MIT in 
Cambridge.  The exact room name will be provided right before the day of 
the meeting.

Testing Schedule and rules:
--------------------------------------------
The preliminary schedule is as follows. Continental breakfast, Lunch and 
breaks will be provided.  In addition, dinner on Tuesday, 4/11 will be 
provided on site.

Tuesday, April 11
8:30 - Breakfast, setup, introductions and coordination
9:30 - 12:00 - Testing
12:00 - lunch served (buffet - sandwiches)
1:00 - until - Testing
Around 6:00 dinner will be brought in - participants can eat at their 
leisure

Wednesday, April 12
8:30 - breakfast
9:00 - 12:00 - Testing
12:00 - lunch
1:00 - 4:30 - Testing
4:30 on - Review and shut down
Hotel Accommodations:

Testing rules:
-----------------------
Participants bring their own equipment and software.  Ethernet 
connectivity and networking will be provided as well as a mail server and 
access to the Internet.  Testing of applications and code is open.  This 
means there are no set steps or processes involved.  You will have a list 
of participants and will know what each vendor or representative wants to 
test. It is every recipients responsibility to find other participants to 
test applications.

This effort will test everything we can on iCalendar, iTIP and iMIP.  The 
major emphasis will be on the iCalendar protocol.  The chairs will provide 
a matrix of all MUST, CAN and SHOULD statements that can be used to help 
"check off" what is working and what is not.  Each participant is expected 
to detail what works and what does not and expected plans for fixing or 
not fixing sections that do not work.  If nothing will happen on a 
specific item and participants do not plan to fix or make pieces work, 
those items must be removed from the draft.

The key rule is "What happens during testing remains in the room."  It is 
expected that participants will honor this rule.  No press is allowed and 
for the participants, please do not bring Marketing staff. 

The chairs of the CALSCH working group will publish the results and 
further the movement of the RFC towards Standard activation.

Hotel Accommodations:
------------------------------------
A reduced rate for visitors to MIT is available at the Hyatt Regency, 
Marriott, and Sonesta hotels in Cambridge and at several Boston hotels, 
depending on the season. Visitors must request the MIT rate when reserving 
a room and when registering. 

Marriott information:   2 Cambridge Center,  Phone: 617-494-6600
Hyatt information:      575 Memorial Drive,   Phone: 617 492 1234
Sonesta information:    5 Cambridge Parkway, Phone: 617-806-4200

Directions: Getting to MIT from Logan Airport:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Taxi. Taxi fare from the airport is about $15. Under normal traffic 
conditions the taxi ride will take about 15 minutes. 

Subway. The subway ride from Logan involves several transfers. From any 
terminal at Logan airport, take the airport shuttle bus to the Blue Line 
subway station. Take the Blue Line to the Government Center station and go 
upstairs to and take the Green Line trolley to Park Street. At the Park 
Street station, go downstairs and take the Red Line subway to Kendall/MIT 
(take the outbound train toward Alewife). Under normal conditions the ride 
will take about one-half hour. 

Car. The drive from Logan airport can be rather nasty, depending on 
traffic conditions. Take the main exit from the airport (not the Ted 
Williams Tunnel) and follow the signs toward Boston via the Sumner Tunnel. 
The tunnel toll is US $1. As you exit the tunnel, turn right onto the 
expressway (93 North). Take the second exit, marked 'Storrow Drive West'. 
Immediately take the right fork of the road to a stoplight. Turn left, 
then immediately turn right and drive over the Charles River. The Boston 
Museum of Science will be on your left. Turn left at the next stoplight 
onto Memorial Drive. Follow Memorial Drive for about a half mile and MIT 
will be on your right side. 

Additional information and a map can be found at: http://whereis.mit.edu/doc/getting-to-mit.html