Subject: Re: VALARMs and VEVENTs ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:13:50 -0500

It seems this got lost in the chatter lately...

Martin asked:
>is it possible to specify a relative-VALARM for a VEVENT which has a 
DTSTART-property of VALUE=DATE?
>If yes, what time should be used ?

I do not see any reason why not.  A VALUE=DATE has an implicit floating 
time of 000000 local to the recipient.  (That is, New Years Day starts at 
12:00 AM in your TZ, NOT when its 12:00 AM in the the UK) so the implicit 
reference time to be used is 000000 (or 12:00 AM local to the recipient)

>Whats the trigger-time for the above sample ?
>Is it 20001211T1900Z ? 

Nope, the trigger time is 20001211T190000.  No Z, its relative.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...