Subject: Typos in CAP documents, a question about CAP example, and some general questions

From: "Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:34:03 -0600

Hi,

While reviewing the CAP documents from the website, admittedly the now
expired ones, I found the following items.

First some minor typos, hopefully have been fixed in the next version.

One. p42, last paragraph. "The responce returns the calendar (CALID) and UID
of the component so that the CUA can match up the REQUEST-STATUS from
multiple objects created on multiple calendards (TARGETS)." shouldn't that
be "response" and "calendars"?

Two. 50, first paragraph of 7.2.2.1. has "invided" which I suspect should be
"invited".

In general it appears that a run through a spell checker might be in order.
Also I have noticed some inconsistencies in clearly differentiating between
"MUST" "SHOULD" and "MAY" in some sections, with "must" being used in some
places, and some sentences using "may not" which is somewhat ambiguous.

Also, has anyone had success in printing out RFC's in a manner that achieves
the same pagination as they are numbered? Is there a particular font that is
required to be used?

Second, a request for clarification on one of the examples.

On page 44, bottom of page (part of 7.2.1.4 MODIFY) the example states that
"And in this example, all instances of "Building 6" are replaced by "New
office lobby" in VEVENTs:

Could someone explain to my how the syntax achieves this? From reading it
appears to only achieve a change of the LOCATION field from "Building 6" to
"New Office Lobby". From what I can tell if the string "Building 6" is
elsewhere in the VEVENTs (say in the DESCRIPTION nothing in this syntax
appears to change that string. Also, it appears to require that LOCATION is
exactly eq to "Building 6", what is the correct behavior if this is not the
case? (say Location is "building 6" which according to the specs should be
considered differently since values are supposed to be case sensitive. Does
additional non-printing characters effect this equality? (for ex. the CR vs.
CR/LF issues of PC to Unix or PC to Mac)

thanks, I am sure that as I continue to delve into these specs I will have
additional questions for the group.

Shannon

Shannon J. Clark
CEO - JigZaw, Inc
[email-masked]
www.jigzaw.com