Subject: iTIP question for all...

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:30:57 -0800

I'm reviewing the updates to iTIP.  I'd like your feedback on an issue
involving the new CONFIRM method.

What does it mean when you receive a CONFIRM method in an ITIP message
and you look for the UID / Recurrence-id of the event (or todo) in your
calendar and it's not there?  Since the intent of this command is to (a)
reply to a REFRESH and (b) notify participants of any changes to the
ATTENDEEs or the ORGANIZER, it's not clear what should happen.

Any thoughts on this?

-Steve

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:05:27 -0500

Steve Mansour wrote:

> calendar and it's not there?

To mean it means either (a) the user asked for a REFRESH and then decided
to delete the event, or (b) some attacker is sending an unsolicited CONFIRM
in the hopes of feeding an event into the user's calendar.  Either way, I
should ignore the CONFIRM.

--
/=================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|Chief Scientist |================================================|
|eCal Corp.      |It's not an optical illusion, it just looks like|
[email-masked]|one.                                            |
\=================================================================/