Subject: SKiCal component property extensions - ORIENTATION

From: Pär Lannerö <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:55:34 +0200

4.3 Orientation 

   Property Name: ORIENTATION        

   Purpose: This property specifies the target audience for the
   SKiSource.       

   Property Parameters: Non-standard property parameters can be    
   specified on this property.       

   Conformance: This property CAN be specified within a "VEVENT"    
   calendar component.       

   Description: This property can facilitate SKiSource discovery. It
   can indicate that a SKiSource has a specific target audience, or
   that it is somehow related to a specific cause, faith,
   professional group, gender, ethnic group etc. This property has
   a different purpose than the CATEGORIES property used in iCal. A
   soccer match organized by a car manufacturer for teambuilding 
   among employees and subcontractors could still be categorized 
   as "sport" while the orientation could be "Mercedes car producers".
   Infomediaries can use this property to define their own specific
   customer orientation types without altering the values in
   CATEGORIES.     

   Format Definition: The property is defined by the following    
   notation:    
   
    orientation = "ORIENTATION" orientationparam ":" text CRLF
     ; It is RECOMMENDED that the text value be
     ; chosen from a list, as described in Section 5
     ; of the SKICal specification.

    orientationparam  = *(
     ; the following is optional,
     ; but MUST NOT occur more than once
      (";" orienttypeparam ) / 
     ; the following is optional,
     ; and MAY occur more than once
      (";" xparam)
      )

    orienttypeparam = *(";" "ORIENTTYPE" "=" text)
     ; It is RECOMMENDED that the text value be
     ; chosen from a list, as described in Section 5
     ; of the SKICal specification.

   Value Type: TEXT.       

   Example: The following are examples of this property:  
     
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=Religious:Methodist
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=DemographicsRus:Soccer Moms
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=DemographicsRus:Champagne Set
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=AgeGroup:Senior Citizens
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=Gender:Female
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=Sexual:Gay
    ORIENTATION;ORIENTTYPE=Occupation:Medical