Subject: A beginner needs help

From: "Antonio Ortega" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:36:19 +0200

Hello to everybody!  I am a student of computer science at the
University and I'm interested about ICalendar. 
    During the last two months i have been working with an
Apache framework, Turbine, an someone toldme about an ICalendar 
app. I tried to make it function butI can't, and I want to work on it more
because I think it's so pretty idea.
    Well ... the subject of this message is if somebody could advise me
some place to begin. If I can, would prefer not to have to read the RFC ;)

1 - Can someone refer me about any simply and clear summary about ICalendar.
2 - Has someone a Java example on how does it function.

See you later, thaks!

_________________
      Toni Ortega
[email-masked]
_________________

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:41:20 -0400

Mark wrote on 04/26/2001 11:34:42 PM:

> There is the Jetspeed iCalendar implementation by Jeff Prickett
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/icalendar.html
> 
> However, I have no idea of it's current status or functionality.

A quick scan of that site shows:

    Jetspeed (as of 1.2b1) implements a subset of RFC 2445 or iCalendar. 
  [Snip]
    iCalendar was made a separate module from Jetspeed, since it is a 
general utility. 
   Unfortunately, currently it has lost visibility in the jakarta project. 
If you are interested in contributing to a portable implementation of 
RFC2445, please contact Jeff Prickett. 

So it sounds as if its not under much active development now.  However it 
is nice to know that someone at least began something.  Thanks for the 
pointer Mark.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...