Subject: Re: announce: www-rdf-calendar mailing list

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:19:13 +0200

Dan has cautioned us against cross-posting.

And I will have to break faith with that on my very first mail:-)

Hopefully many of us from the IETF CALSCH list will be joining in here and I
hope that we can develop a method for signaling issues to those who are not
subscribed to both lists.

For the CALSCH list John Stracke has created a little bot that lurks over
all IETF lists and lights up when anybody on any list names our RFC number
or uses some other relevant term.  This came about as the result of the
IPTEL group using the RFC2445 recurrence rules without the knowledge of the
CALSCH WG.  Not that you have to ask permission of course, but the CALSCH WG
had plenty of good suggestions that might have been overlooked.

Greg

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:10:27 -0400

Greg FitzPatrick wrote:

> or uses some other relevant term.

Not lists, it just monitors Internet-Drafts.

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the|
[email-masked]|shoulderblades will cramp his style.           |
\================================================================/

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:25:20 -0700

this bot sounds pretty cool. So, John, can you make the information your little
bot finds available to the rest of us?

-Steve

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:35:17 -0400

> bot finds available to the rest of us?

Oh, yeah--if it finds any calsch-related Draft, it sends a message to the list.
(Unfortunately, the one time it found anything, I found that it was misconfigured,
and the message bounced...but it was a false alarm anyway.  :-)

--
/=================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|Chief Scientist |================================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"If there's anything The Flintstones have taught|
[email-masked]|us, it's that pelicans can be used to mix       |
|                |cement." -- Homer Simpson                       |
\=================================================================/

---

From: "Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:09:20 -0500

John,

If it is working - have you offered it as a tool to the rest of the IETF
working groups? That is each working group has a very similar set of
problems (some encounter it much more frequently than we do). From what I
have observed in my participation over this last year - anything that can be
done to make the various standards bodies communicate with each other
better, avoid duplicating efforts, and keep up on what other groups are
working on is fundamentally a very good thing and a major step forward.

Just my two cents.

Shannon

(it would also be interesting if the same software could be modified to
monitor other lists that may be going back and forth about a particular
topic prior to submitting it - could help head off issues before they even
get submitted formally.)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of John Stracke
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 11:35 AM
To: 'Ietf-Calendar@Imc. Org'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: announce: www-rdf-calendar mailing list

> bot finds available to the rest of us?

Oh, yeah--if it finds any calsch-related Draft, it sends a message to the
list.
(Unfortunately, the one time it found anything, I found that it was
misconfigured,
and the message bounced...but it was a false alarm anyway.  :-)

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:00:28 -0400

"Shannon J. Clark" wrote:

> working groups?

Yes...or...<dig, dig>...no.  I thought I posted about it on [email-masked]
when I put it out, but nope.  I'll post now.

--
/=================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|Chief Scientist |================================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"How quietly do you think we can nail these back|
[email-masked]|in?" --Calvin                                   |
\=================================================================/