Subject: Re: A beginner needs help

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:24:47 -0400

Antonio asked:
>    Well ... the subject of this message is if somebody could advise me
>some place to begin. If I can, would prefer not to have to read the RFC 
;)
>
>1 - Can someone refer me about any simply and clear summary about 
ICalendar.

Hmmm, if you dont want to bite that bullet, you could try the Reefknot 
Bootstrap guide at http://reefknot.sourceforge.net/bootstrap-guide/t1.html as a basic starting point.  However if you are going to have to do any 
coding to fix the app you found, you will have to read the RFCs.

>2 - Has someone a Java example on how does it function.

I havent seen any Java implementations yet but that doesnt mean there 
aren't any.  Since noone else sent a reply to the WG I suspect there may 
not be any (or at least any that want their existance public).

Since you did not mention what the app was its hard to tell if the 
person/group working on it still is active or if it was just a project 
that is now dead.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Mark Tearle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:34:42 +0800 (WST)

> not be any (or at least any that want their existance public).

There is the Jetspeed iCalendar implementation by Jeff Prickett
	http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/icalendar.html

However, I have no idea of it's current status or functionality.

Yours
Mark
-- 
Mark Tearle - [email-masked]  "He who fights monsters should be careful lest
                                he thereby become a monster. And when you gaze
                                long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into
                                you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche