Subject: SkiCal property parameter extensions -TERM

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:50:01 +0200

Parameter Name: TERM

Purpose: This parameter is used to qualify properties using date and
date-time values as defined in RFC 2445 - 4.3.4 Date and 4.3.5 Date-Time.
Term declares a DATETIME period during which a set of access rules will be
valid.

Format Definition: The property parameter is defined by the following
notation:

      termparam  = "term" "=" (date-time / date) "/" ((date-time / date) /
( "THISANDPRIOR" / "THISANDFUTURE))

Description: Facilitates date-time values as qualifiers for auxiliary
features of a SkiSource. The TERM parameter indicates a period for the
property it is qualifying . This period might be constructed by two
date-time values separated by a "/" or one date-time value separated by a
"/" from one of two value types; THISANDPRIOR and THISANDFUTURE. By the use
of THISANDPRIOR the date-time value is used to signify the end of a TERM
whose start time is either not relevant or unknown. By the use of
THISANDFUTURE the date-time value is used to signify the start of a TERM
whose conclusion is either not relevant or unknown.

Example:

BOOKINGS;TERM=20010313T140000Z/THISANDFUTURE:Tickets2go
BOOKINGS;TERM=20001128T143000Z
EVENT-LANGUAGE;TERM=20021002/20021009:no
EVENT-LANGUAGE;TERM=20021010/20021014:fr

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:53:50 +0200

2.3 Opening Times

   Parameter Name: OPTIME

   Purpose: This parameter is used to qualify properties using time
   values as defined in RFC 2445 - 4.3.12 Time. OPTIME declares a
   period of time when a set of access rules will be valid.

   Format Definition: The property parameter is defined by the
   following notation:
   optimeparam  = "OPTIME" "=" (period-explicit / period-start)
   period-explicit = time "/" time period-start = time "/" dur-value

   Description:  Facilitates time values as qualifiers for particular
   aspects of a SkiSource.  The OPTIME parameter indicates a period of
   time when the property value is accessible or in a state of being
   "open" .  If the property permits, multiple "period" values are
   specified by a COMMA character (US-ASCII decimal 44) separated list.
   There are two forms of a period of time. First, a period    of time
   is identified by its start and its end. This format is    expressed
   as the [ISO 8601] complete representation, basic format for
   "TIME" start of the period, followed by a SOLIDUS character (US-
   ASCII decimal 47), followed by the "TIME" of the end of the
   period.

   If the start of the period is of a greater value than the end of the
   period, 24 hours will be added to the end value in order to
   calculate the correct time period (a so called "Midnight crossing").

  For example 180000Z/030000Z would be calculated as starting at 18:00:00
  UTC and ending at 03:00:00 UTC on the following day. 200000Z/195959Z would
be       calculated as a 24 hour period (- 1 second)

     A period of time can also be defined by a start time and a positive
duration of time. The format is expressed as the [ISO 8601]    complete
representation, basic format for the "TIME" start of    the period, followed
by a SOLIDUS character
   (US-ASCII decimal 47),    followed by the [ISO 8601] basic format
   for "DURATION" of the period.

     Example: The period starting at
   18:00:00 UTC and    ending at 23:30:00 UTC  would be:
   180000Z/2330000Z     which is the equivalent to 180000Z/PT5H30M.
   The later method is the preferred syntax for OPTIME since it allows
   the declarations of times exceeding 24 hours.

   Examples:

BOOKINGS;TERM=20011214/THISANDPRIOR;OPTIME=130000Z/170000Z:The front Box
Office
RESOURCES;OPTIME=120000Z/220000Z:Hot food
RECOMMENDED;OPTIME=130000Z/150000Z,220000Z/230000Z:Avoid the crowds for good
seats
LOCATION;OPTIME=110000Z/023000Z:Palais de Congrès

BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:The schedule for demonstrations in our booth at the trade show,
shorter sessions in the afternoon.
PERSONS;SKIROLE="demonstrator";OPTIME=short110000Z/111500Z,120000Z,140000Z/1
41000Z,150000Z/151000Z,160000Z/161000Z:Eva
PERSONS;SKIROLE="demonstrator";OPTIME=103000Z/104500Z,123000Z/124500Z,143000
Z/144000Z,153000Z/154000Z,163000Z/164000Z:Lisa
END:VEVENT

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:17:41 +0200

2.4 Opening Time Rules

Parameter Name: OPRULES

Purpose: This parameter is used to qualify properties by the "BYxxx" values
as defined in RFC 2445 - 4.3.10 Recurrence Rule. OPRULES define the
recurrence rules for when a particular set of OpTimes will be valid.

      oprulesparam  =  (";" "BYDAY" "=" bywdaylist )/( ";" "BYMONTHDAY" "=
bymodaylist )/( ";" "BYYEARDAY" "=" byyrdaylist )

Description: Facilitates time values as qualifiers for particular aspects of
a SkiSource. The OPRULES parameter works similarly to the Recurrence rules
of RFC 2445 4.3.10 with the following distinctions. Frequency is limited to
DAYS. The COUNT and UNTIL rules are not used. Multiple "recur" values are
not allowed. Both are replaced by the SkiCal parameter TERM.  With this  set
of rules the vast majority of "Opening Times" and "Operating Times" can be
stated.

RESOURCES;BYDAY=MO,WE,FR;OPTIME=120000/220000:The Astoria Bar
RESOURCES;BYDAY=TU,TH;OPTIME=160000/240000:The Astoria Bar

Example:
BOOKINGS;TERM=20011214/THISANDPRIOR;OPTIME=130000Z/170000Z;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH
,FR:The front Box-Office
REQUIRED;OPTIME=180000Z/020000Z;BYDAY=SA:Evening Dress
RECOMMENDED;BYMONTHDAY=24:Avoid using our ATMs on national paydays
LOCATION;BYYEARDAY=1:Pasadena Rose Bowl

BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY: This is where you will find the Good Humor Ice Cream truck
LOCATION:BYDAY=MO:Down Town
LOCATION:BYDAY=TU:Up Town
LOCATION:BYDAY=WE:North Town
LOCATION:BYDAY=TH:South Town
LOCATION:BYDAY=FR:East Town
LOCATION:BYDAY=SA:West Town

Warning: The above multiples of LOCATION is not allowed in 2445