Subject: Talking with Netscape

From: Trevor Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:12:46 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to set up a calendar server to talk with Netscape calendar.
I've got Netscape connecting to my server (for a short time) but it's
sending me things that I'm unsure as to what they mean.

Here is what it prints:

0
0
64
0
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
Process completed successfully

Now, I'm assuming those 0's and 64 are ASCII characters, which would be,
Null char, and the @ symbol. I can't get Netscape to send me anything
other than this. What does this mean? Do I have to send Netscape some sort
of hello to connect properly, and if so, how do I do that?

I'm hoping someone here can help, me out with this, because I've gotten
stuck at every other turn.

Trevor Moore
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:39:31 -0700

Trevor,

Are you talking about the NCS product or the iPlanet Calendar Server (2.x or
5.x)? If you're working with the iPlanet product, I can nelp you.  The iPlanet
Calendar Server has an open, well-documented protocol.  See
http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/calendar.html .

But I suspect you may be referring to an older product we OEM'd.  If so, I may
not be able to get help. We stopped shipping that product about 18 months ago

-Steve

---

From: Trevor Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:04:53 -0400 (EDT)

The Calendar application of Netscape Communicator 4.08 w/ Calendar.

I'm a student at the University of Delaware, and for my Internet
Applications concentration I've taken an Independant Study where I've been
told I need to develop some sort of server so that the secretaries can
synchronize scheduling using Outlook and NS calendar. I've been told to
start with Netscape. I've read through all of the RFCs and Protocols at
http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/ , and have been stuck meddling with
these things for a while now. It took me a while to even find out what
port Netscape wanted to talk on (for some reason I couldn't find that
documented anywhere). I'll check out your link, and hopefully that will
shed some insight, but anything else useful you think I might need, I will
be MORE than grateful if you could tell me =)

Trevor Moore
[email-masked]